Froxlor Forum

Cron "rebuilding webserver configuration" every 5/10 minutes

flatlayer

Question

Hello,

since Froxlor Version 0.10.15-1 I experience a problem: Cron rebuilds the webserver-config files (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled) every 5 to 10 minutes, without any changes to the files.

The files are just rebuild, but there is no change in the information.

How can I start understanding this Problem and stopping the behaviour?

System is

debian 9 with all updates

Froxlor 0.10.15-1

Thank you and all the best,

Ben

15 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, d00p said:

I assume there are issues with a let's encrypt certificate so he tries over and over again. Try executing the Cron manually with --force --debug parameters to get more info.

Solved!

There was a problem with the domains configuration, so dns was wrong (missing a cname for www ..).

I deleted the problematic TLS Certificate, corrected the dns for the domain and executed the master cronjob manually. That fixed it.

Thank you for your help!

Hello all together,

this problem reappeared.

This time the major cronjob does not show a problem with the certificates.. 🤷‍♂️

But still recreates config-files every 10 minutes..

(IP-Addresses and Domain names edited due to privacy..)

https://pastebin.com/tw1d9MFX

Where can I start looking for the cause of that?

Because the config-files are being recreated every 10 minutes, apache and php-fpm are also restarted every 10 minutes. Which is very annoying, especially for opcache and so on...

Cheers! And all the best...

Ben

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-19 um 15.35.04.png

5 minutes ago, d00p said:

Looks all good. As said, froxlors cronjob does not regenerate configs or restarts services without changes that would require that...

Thanks!

Can you help me find out, what is making changes, that fire up the cronjob(s)?

I'm not changing anything manually!

Which log files are relevant? :)

Again, thank you a lot.

Stay safe 😉

6 minutes ago, d00p said:

All changes to domains or new customers, issue/renew of let's encrypt etc. trigger a rebuild. Is it still happening every 10 minutes, all the time?

Every 10 Minutes.. yes.. I'm the only user of froxlor with different customers (which are all maintained by myself). There are no manual changes. There must be something "in the loop" – I just can't figure out what it is.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, d00p said:

Well it's hard to try to find out what's wrong this way; if you want you can PM me access credentials so I can take a look.

Hello d00p,

the problem persists.

Is there another solution/way to go?

This is a production server, that contains some sensitive data. And I guess my boss would not be too happy, if we give a third person access to it.

Thank you for your help!

As I do not know what you did, what you changed, what your settings are, what's in the logs, etc.etc.etc. no, I do not have any more ideas, when I re-read the thread here ...I did not say it's hard without taking a look myself for fun...

You can show your boss https://froxlor.support/ and make it completely official, safe and with invoice.

Asides: just run the Cron manually with "--force --debug" parameters, you might get helpful information

On 4/25/2020 at 6:53 PM, d00p said:

As I do not know what you did, what you changed, what your settings are, what's in the logs, etc.etc.etc. no, I do not have any more ideas, when I re-read the thread here ...I did not say it's hard without taking a look myself for fun...

You can show your boss https://froxlor.support/ and make it completely official, safe and with invoice.

Asides: just run the Cron manually with "--force --debug" parameters, you might get helpful information

Hi d00p

Thank you for your message. First of all: I didn't mean to disrepect. I know you put a lot of work, not only into froxlor but also into this forum. So: Thank you :)

I'll drop you a PM. Cheers!