Froxlor Forum

Cannot Delete Unneeded IPs from Froxlor - Redirect Error

Adramyttium

Question

I have froxlor configured to use SSL with Let's Encrypt, and have the system set up to auto redirect to SSL (https) if the user tried to navigate to the froxlor admin with http.

The problem: When froxlor redirects automatically to SSL, is attempt to do so using port 993, rather than port 443. As a result the page doesn't load.

Originally, I set up only two IPs in froxlor, one for standard web hosting traffic (port 80), and one for SSL web traffic (port 443)

At one point, I thought I'd use froxlor for email, so I created two additional IP entries for ports 143 and 993.

Because the redirect was trying to load froxlor on 993, I thought I would simply delete that IP/port, along with the other unused email port 143.

But I'm prevented from doing so by froxlor, which gives the error for both ports:

Error
You cannot delete the last system IP, either create a new IP/Port combination for the system IP or change the system IP.

None of the domains I'm hosting is configured to use the unused IP/port combos, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDITED: I'm currently running 0.10.13

Chris

11 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Adramyttium said:

At one point, I thought I'd use froxlor for email, so I created two additional IP entries for ports 143 and 993.

What? No....total nonsense. That way Webserver vhosts are going to be generated with these ports, nothing else.

And sorry but the error message clearly says what you should/could do. Please show what IP/ports are currently, show us the system settings for default ip, etc.etc.etc.

19 hours ago, Adramyttium said:

You cannot delete the last system IP, either create a new IP/Port combination for the system IP or change the system IP.

This message occurs of the IP is equal to the set system-ip (which it is) OR, if there are no other IP's with another port that are equal to the system ip (which is NOT the case) - so very weird that you received that message. Mind if I get acces to your machine and froxlor to find the source of this? you can of course PM me the details if wanted

Yeah, that exactly the thing I was confused about. From what I can see (and I certainly admit I may have missed something), the two IP/port combos I'm trying to delete don't seem to be used anywhere else in the system.

One other thing I noticed recently, and I have no idea is this plays into my problem or not, but for the customer I created ('Practice') I created two test email addresses and corresponding accounts for both hosted domains on my froxlor. Then I decided against using email. I went in and first deleted each of the email accounts and then deleted email addresses themselves for those domains. However, if I look at the admin and customer stats, it still shows that two email address and accounts still exist.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll get some credentials for the machine and froxlor as soon as I can. I'm at my day job at the moment.

Chris

Froxlor7.png

Froxlor6.png

Froxlor5.png

6 minutes ago, Adramyttium said:

However, if I look at the admin and customer stats, it still shows that two email address and accounts still exist.

You can check whether a click on "recalculate resources" fixes the issue. But it should not collide with deleting the ip addresses

7 minutes ago, Adramyttium said:

Again, thanks for your help. I'll get some credentials for the machine and froxlor as soon as I can. I'm at my day job at the moment.

No worries, I'll be here :)

On 3/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, d00p said:

Thank you very much @Adramyttium for the credentials. There was indeed a small bug which prevented the ip from being removed. I've fixed it and removed the false ip/port entries.

Quick question: Did you incorporate the fix in the latest froxlor release? I'm thinking of updating this week.