Froxlor Forum

"Rebuilding webserver-configuration" loop

negrusti

Question

Rebuilding webserver-configuration happens every 5 minutes for hours, causing nginx and php-fpm reloads.
Confirmed by checking the timestamps of the conf files for nginx and php-fpm.
Froxlor Installed version:    0.10.10 (DB: 201912100), this installation has been upgraded multiple times.
How do I debug this?
Nothing relevant in System log.

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Tealk said:

I have mentioned the same problem in German before.

And where would that be please? Don't see anything that fits the behaviour described here

24 minutes ago, negrusti said:

Rebuilding webserver-configuration happens every 5 minutes for hours, causing nginx and php-fpm reloads.
Confirmed by checking the timestamps of the conf files for nginx and php-fpm.

Please paste your /etc/cron.d/froxlor file

It might be related to this:

Could not get Let's Encrypt certificate for <redacted domain>: [Wed Jan 15 15:50:04 UTC 2020] Creating domain key [Wed Jan 15 15:50:06 UTC 2020] The domain key is here: /root/.acme.sh/<redacted domain>/<redacted domain>.key [Wed Jan 15 15:50:06 UTC 2020] Multi domain='DNS:<redacted domain>,DNS:www.<redacted domain>' [Wed Jan 15 15:50:06 UTC 2020] Getting domain auth token for each domain [Wed Jan 15 15:50:10 UTC 2020] Getting webroot for domain='<redacted domain>' [Wed Jan 15 15:50:10 UTC 2020] Getting webroot for domain='www.<redacted domain>' [Wed Jan 15 15:50:10 UTC 2020] <redacted domain> is already verified, skip http-01. [Wed Jan 15 15:50:10 UTC 2020] Verifying: www.<redacted domain>

And that happened because www. wasn't pointed to the server.
However this should not create reconfiguration loop.

5 minutes ago, d00p said:

And where would that be please? Don't see anything that fits the behaviour described here

Please paste your /etc/cron.d/froxlor file

*/5 * * * * root /usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --tasks 1> /dev/null
*/5 * * * * root /usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --letsencrypt 1> /dev/null

other task types are disabled

well, of course it loops then, because there is still a task to be done (getting the certificate). A correct DNS is your job as an admin, because cannot "guess" whether this is intended or by accident and "should I skip this now? Or keep trying?"

5 minutes ago, d00p said:

well, of course it loops then, because there is still a task to be done (getting the certificate). A correct DNS is your job as an admin, because cannot "guess" whether this is intended or by accident and "should I skip this now? Or keep trying?"

As I understand obtaining the certificate is the job of a separate task. Why should it rebuild the whole config if the certificate issuance failed?

Considering the default PHP configuration command
service phpX.X-fpm restart
which is executed after config rebuild,
this leads to site outages every 5 minutes on a busy server.
Changing restart to reload mitigates the risk of customers forgetting to set site alias to none, as happened in my case.

31 minutes ago, negrusti said:

As I understand obtaining the certificate is the job of a separate task. Why should it rebuild the whole config if the certificate issuance failed?

This has been included in the tasks job, as re-creation of vhosts is required after certificate issue/renew

28 minutes ago, negrusti said:

Changing restart to reload mitigates the risk of customers forgetting to set site alias to none, as happened in my case.

I remember a time where there was no "reload" for php-fpm...might has changed. But as this is a setting, you are free to adjust as needed.

23 minutes ago, d00p said:

This has been included in the tasks job, as re-creation of vhosts is required after certificate issue/renew

I remember a time where there was no "reload" for php-fpm...might has changed. But as this is a setting, you are free to adjust as needed.

kill -USR2 [php-fpm PID] is there for more than 7 years AFAIK 

well then, just open an issue on github or even a PullRequest so we can change the default from restart to reload - if i remember correctly, reload will fail if no such process is currently running/active - that again would mean the sysadmin needs to ensure it has been started before froxlor can take over - and having reload as default will definetly open lots of new threads with errors: phpX.Y-fpm.service is not active, cannot reload. which is not really what we want

2 hours ago, d00p said:

The post where you said it didn't fit in here.

I'm not sure if something is really happening or if it's just the text.

b

1 minute ago, Tealk said:

The post where you said it didn't fit in here.

So why dont you just LINK the topic? The post i say it didnt fit here was THIS post here, see 

3 minutes ago, Tealk said:

??? Don't even know what this is supposed to mean