Froxlor Forum
AndrewL

How to integrate a webmail client and a webftp client to Froxlor

Question

Hello,

I have installed the latest version of Froxlor (0.10.12) on my Ubuntu 18.04 server and after tweaking the settings and running the configuration, everything is working beautifully.

However, I noticed that there are options for specifying URLs for PHPMyAdmin, WebMail and WebFTP within the Panel Settings section but I can't seem to figure out how to integrate the three with Froxlor.

Right now, I want to integrate Roundcube as my server's webmail client and any recommended client for webftp, but I'm not so sure how to go about it? What changes should I make to my server or to my Froxlor settings?

I have already run the configuration for FTP-Server(Proftpd), Mailserver(SMTP) as well as Mailserver(IMAP/POP3) and have set the "FTP Server" to Proftpd in the FTP Server settings section and the  "Type of the Mail Delivery Server" and "Type of the Mail Transfer Agent" to Dovecot and Postfix respectively in the Mailserver settings section.

Regards.

19 answers to this question

Froxlor does not include any webmail or similar. You can specify the URL to where you installed such software for your customers so they have a link in their customers menu 

@d00p Oh, so I just download the client software like roundcube or phpmyadmin and link to it rather than integrating it with Froxlor? But how will roundcube integrate with the mailsettings I have set in the Froxlor settings?

What settings are you referring to? Roundcube uses IMAP....just configure it according to your Mailserver settings (hostname, ports, etc.) Nothing else is needed

Submission is not enabled by default, you would need to use port 25 or SSL 465 if enabled and configured

Following the step-by-step guide for integrating roundcube with froxlor (but for debian) shown here: https://myridia.com/dev_posts/view/1876, I have done everything till stage 8 but I'm not sure what I have to do in stage 9 which says:

in froxlor>stystem>settings>webserversettings>
add the following to the text box:

Alias /roundcube /var/www/html/roundcubemail

<Directory /var/www/html/roundcubemail/>
    Allow from all
    php_admin_value open_basedir none

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
      php_admin_flag engine on
      php_value memory_limit 64M
      php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
    </IfModule>
</Directory>

Which textbox should I add the above? Shouldn't it be in a `.conf` file inside the `sites-available` folder?

Also, I left the default value for the port number in the config file.

Well a global alias is one way to do it. You can add those for example to the IP/port -> specialsettings or as said in the Webserver settings into default vhost-settings/default SSL vhost-settings

So I should paste the Alias line and the Directory block into the default vhost-settings and default SSL vhost-settings and then run the installation?

Just try it and check the generated vhosts whether this is what you want or not. As said there are many ways of integrating webmail or similar, that's the (mostly preferred) freedom froxlor gives to the sysadmins.

@d00p I have tried adding the above code to the "Default vHost-settings for every domain container" in IP/ports for port 80 as well as adding it to the "Default vHost-settings" in Webserver settings as well as created a `roundcube.conf` file inside the `sites-available` folder and none of the above are working. By not working I mean, initializing the installer for roundcube and even though I get a green OK for everything, The send mail test keeps failing and returning a "Failed to connect socket" error. I have deleted the roundcube folder as well as remove the database for roundcube and it's user. I have also removed the above code from every place I added it too. I want to re-install it again but I'm not sure what to do first.

13 hours ago, AndrewL said:

as well as adding it to the "Default vHost-settings" i

not in BOTH...

as well as created a `roundcube.conf` file inside the `sites-available` folder

even TRIPLE....you sure you know what you are doing?

By not working I mean, initializing the installer for roundcube and even though I get a green OK for everything, The send mail test keeps failing and returning a "Failed to connect socket" error.

So, you are saying, the ALIAS you wanted to setup DOES work, just not roundcube itself!?! Sorry, can't really follow your

I want to re-install it again but I'm not sure what to do first.

Why so complicated?

- Add yourself as customer (if not already done)

- Setup a domain/subdomain as that customer, e.g. webmail.hostname.tld

- Extract roudcube to the customers homedir

- Open domain/subdomain in browser - end of story

Even simpler:

- Extract roundcube to e.g. /var/www/froxlor/webmail

- Open [froxlor-url]/webmail - end of story

I have just extracted roundcube to /var/www/html/webmail as you said and then run the installer.

In the Create Config section, I set the smtp port to 25 and set the smtp_server to localhost and the test for the SMTP config is working now.

For IMAP, I set the default_host to ssl://localhost (added ssl:// for letsencrypt) and the default_port to 25 like in the SMTP section but the test for the IMAP config failed and return the following error:

NOT OK(Login failed for test@abcxyz.com against localhost from 117.214.36.78. Could not connect to ssl://localhost:25: Unknown reason)

What am I doing wrong now?

If you use SSL you need to specify the fqdn for which the certificate has been issued not localhost

I changed the default_host from `ssl://localhost` to `ssl://abc.domainname.com` (abc.domainname.com is the FQDN of the server) just now and rerun the test but the same error pops up. Do I need to change the smtp_server to the FQDN with ssl:// too or should the FQDN be specified just for the IMAP host?

Also, I have ran `hostname -f` in the terminal to confirm the FQDN before updating the ssl:// with it.

When I change the smtp_server from localhost to the FQDN (ssl://vps1.shillongserver.com), the test for SMTP fails again and return the following error:

Trying to send email...
SMTP send:  NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://vps1.shillongserver.com:25 (Unknown error))

And the IMAP test returns the following:

Connecting to ssl://vps1.shillongserver.com...
IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Login failed for test@customerdomain.com against vps1.shillongserver.com from 117.214.36.78. Could not connect to ssl://vps1.shillongserver.com:25: Unknown reason)

Well, is your postfix configured correctly for SSL? Roundcube at the end is only a client...

1 hour ago, AndrewL said:

I have just extracted roundcube to /var/www/html/webmail as you said and then run the installer.

In the Create Config section, I set the smtp port to 25 and set the smtp_server to localhost and the test for the SMTP config is working now.

For IMAP, I set the default_host to ssl://localhost (added ssl:// for letsencrypt) and the default_port to 25 like in the SMTP section but the test for the IMAP config failed and return the following error:

NOT OK(Login failed for test@abcxyz.com against localhost from 117.214.36.78. Could not connect to ssl://localhost:25: Unknown reason)

What am I doing wrong now?

Wrong? You don't have a clue about configuring a server and you shouldn't do it if you dont know the basics. IMAP is port 143 and not 25.

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

You don't have a clue about configuring a server and you shouldn't do it if you dont know the basics.

@Shortie I agree with me not having a clue as I am definitely not comfortable with server administration yet which is why I am trying to set up a small vps myself with the help of communities and forums like this one so I can learn it. The server I'm trying to set basic stuff on is just for learning purposes.

However, I don't agree with "shouldn't do it if you don't know the basics." since everyone doesn't just start off knowing everything they touch a-z.

Just from this thread and another one that I started here itself, I have learnt from @d00p about a lot of "basic stuff" on server administration which would have taken me forever to wrap my head around if I just stick to theoretically learning it or as you said, not do it in the first place.

Thanks for telling me that IMAP is port 143 and not 25 btw. That is yet another thing I just found out from this thread which made me google it and understand it further.

Cheers