Froxlor Forum
CptWolf

froxlor - letsencrypt installation question

Question

Hello all,

I'm using one of my websites with Trust safe Pro ssl certificate, but for the other small websites i would like to use let's encrypt.

SSL already working and activated in my vserver. But when i tried to activate let's encrypt from froxlor , i cannot access ssl copy-paste area under the domain/ssl tab. I successfully created ssl certificates under root with cronjob (domain.conf , domain.csr, domain.csr.conf , domain.key)

Also it is not showing ssl certificates under froxlor ssl tab.

When i tried to reach my website i got ; SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER error in mozilla.

How can i fix it? Thanks!

I used https://myridia.com/dev_posts/view/1696 page for installation

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, CptWolf said:

. But when i tried to activate let's encrypt from froxlor , i cannot access ssl copy-paste area under the domain/ssl tab.

That is correct, if you activate Let's Encrypt for a domain, froxlor takes care of everything for you. You do not have to manually issue Let's Encrypt certificates nor install any certbot or anything.

9 hours ago, CptWolf said:

I used https://myridia.com/dev_posts/view/1696 page for installation

That guide is almost 3 years old...and partly not even correct or misleading

10 hours ago, CptWolf said:

SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Means the issuer of the certificate is not trusted. I doubt that this happens with a legit Let's Encrypt certificate. Check what Certificate is being used

On 12/2/2019 at 7:49 AM, d00p said:

Means the issuer of the certificate is not trusted. I doubt that this happens with a legit Let's Encrypt certificate. Check what Certificate is being used

Under customer > domains > ssl certificates i got There are no domains with SSL certificate error

So I guess, you've activated Let's Encrypt for the domain but it runs into errors. Try executing the following command manually on the shell to see any issues:

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug