Froxlor Forum

Hosting from localhost

Zmaj Zmaj

Question

Do is possible to host sites from localhost ( 127.0.0.1)?

I was install froxlor on my comp.. All is ok.. I have login page etc...

I was have before running appache2 and ubutu bionic.

By default my root is www/html/  that is place from where my site's runing...

So... I was try to make my comp public ( yes I have dynamic IP but also and solution for that-> IP tunneling and no-ip site to solve rest..) And I was got what I want.

All my sites work from my comp.

Now, to return on question, I was install froxlor on www/html/froxlor/   and this is public now... but how to make root to be a froxlor??

now for froxlor I must type http://zmajsoft.ddns.net/froxlor/   and it's WORK !

If I type in browser only zmajsoft.ddns.net i get my old start page...

And at last major question. How to make client site public??? Client have not possibilities to type anywhere ( or I can't find place) DNS , and I can't find place to see mine DNS...

Any help of this?  Do I need registered domain name? but zmajsoft.ddns.net is registered and works...

In short.

I need example or tutorial to see how to make client site public.

tnx.

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Zmaj Zmaj said:

but how to make root to be a froxlor??

now for froxlor I must type http://zmajsoft.ddns.net/froxlor/ and it's WORK !

If I type in browser only zmajsoft.ddns.net i get my old start page...

There is is setting in "froxlor vhost settings" called "make froxlor reachable via hostname" - that is what you want.

8 minutes ago, Zmaj Zmaj said:

And at last major question. How to make client site public??? Client have not possibilities to type anywhere ( or I can't find place) DNS , and I can't find place to see mine DNS...

A customer site is public the moment you add it. What you do on your homebox I can't tell. But normally domains point to the server IP and froxlor generates the corresponding vhosts so it points to the correct customer direction.

Or you manage your own DNS server, but that is very advanced - but there is no "publish" button

also I was just noticed, that nothing happends when I make new user... Nothing in /var/customers/webs/

Yes, I was change all  chmod 777 and still nothing appears there...

EDIT..

I was try to set folder where are all my sites /var/www/html/  , and I am.. but nothing was happend.

So, how  client can upload files, when they haven't space for that?

Yup.. I was try everything,  Froxlor simple wont make any subdomain or customer folder anywhere...

And I can' to find any reason for that... apache2 log file have not any error related for foxlor...

Edited by Zmaj Zmaj