Froxlor Forum

Cannot Move Froxlor to VAR HTML

john9

Question

Hi there, 

I run UBUNTU 18.04 and installed LAMP.

MySQL and PHP everything good.

Installed Froxlor BUT I cannot move it to var/www/html because it says it is not empty 

mv: cannot move 'froxlor/actions' to '/var/www/html/actions': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'froxlor/css' to '/var/www/html/css': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'froxlor/doc' to '/var/www/html/doc': Directory not empty
mv: cannot move 'froxlor/install' to '/var/www/html/install': Directory not empty

I have also tried to clean the folder with

du -csh /var/*

but it did not work when trying to move it I still have this warning message.

please help

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, john9 said:

du -csh /var/*

Cleaning the folder? Using du???? Where did you get THAT? Only thing that command does is outputting a summarized (-s), human-readable (-h) total sum (-c) of the contents of /var/* (du == disk usage). Also, you would definetly not want to clean /var/* !!!

And problem with the move you want to do is, it seems that there are already folders in /var/www/html/.

Let's say /var/www/html/ is clear and froxlor is in /var/www/, there is no problem with running:

mv /var/www/froxlor /var/www/html/froxlor

Done that millions of times 

So you're telling me you run any command you find online? Without knowing what it does? Puuuh.

Well, which files are important and which are not is something only YOU can know. By default, there is only a index.html file in /var/www/html - so putting the froxlor folder in there should not be a problem. 

in effect sometimes I'm too impulsive. it was here https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/how-to-clean-var-directory-635863/ 

but I knew it was not the same :)

Honestly I care just about froxlor and this server is pretty new. There is nothing on it other than LAMP and froxlor

the point is why I'm stuck here:

$ cd /var/www/html $ sudo wget https://files.froxlor.org/releases/froxlor-latest.tar.gz $ sudo tar -zxvf froxlor-latest.tar.gz $ sudo mv froxlor/* /var/www/html

Why do you want to move everything from froxlor/* to /bar/www/html/ anyway? No need. Just extract to /var/www/html/, open http://[ip]/froxlor an proceed. You can later in the settings tell froxlor to be accessable directly via the given domain from the installation.

I followed a guide step by step. And this was the almost the last step. That's why I wanted to do that.

I'm trying doing what you said with tar xvzf froxlor-latest.tar.gz -C /var/www/html

but it does not work. Any suggestion?

in this case I have: Not Found

despite I have double checked it and after this command tar xvzf froxlor-latest.tar.gz -C /var/www/html

it has been extracted somewhere. and I guess froxlor folder because it is the only folder I see

I think there is a problem with LAMP because I worked with the below guide: 

https://blog.ssdnodes.com/blog/froxlor-control-panel-ubuntu/

and I did everything alright

But just before the point 3 it says to test the LAMP installation with a php.info file. And I do it. but I do not see it.

in the browser I see 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at 185.181.9.139 Port 80

These are really very basic tasks at the beginning, which a sysadmin should know. It seems to me you are missing basic knowledge on how to operate a Linux system. And from what I can see this tutorial explains every small step. So there is not much you can do wrong. Now, in order to help you, is there ANYTHING you did besides what's in the tutorial? Regarding the server, the domain, anything?! Because 99% of the time (from my experience) at the end it's something really insignificant and the user thought it's not worth mentioning. So please, save us both a lot of time

now I installed it. And I see this message

File was saved in /tmp/userdata.inc.php, please move to /var/www/html/froxlor/lib/.

I saw a similar issue in the forum and you provided this solution

mv /tmp/userdata.inc.php /var/www/froxlor/lib

But it doesn't work with me ubuntu and apache and it says

mv /tmp/userdata.inc.php /var/www/froxlor/lib
mv: cannot stat '/tmp/userdata.inc.php': No such file or directory

despite it was saved in that directory