Froxlor Forum

version.froxlor.org outage causes own froxlor outage

snoopotic

Question

Hi,

Today I struggled with an ssl cert issue I got fixed later. (my froxlor virtual host cert could not get renewed for days. after deleting the cert and making some entry changes to force the regeneration of the certs it worked.

But within my changes there was somehow an froxlor.org outage. And sadly this also caused opening "System Admin Settings page not to be opened. Instead I hat to wait until a timeout comes and then I got:
spacer.pngspacer.png(picture follows but upload fails)
- picture says: "Curl Error: Failed to connect version.froxlor.org port 443: Connection timed out

SO somehow in the code there seems a version check that causes timeouts. Maybe this check can be made optional? :)

regards

2 answers to this question

I will change the code accordingly so a short timeout is used for trying to determine the current version and display messages if not reachable. Sorry for any inconvenience - had my fair share of file-system-trouble today on the froxlor server :)

Oh and btw. the version-check IS optional, you need to click on "Search via webservice" on the admin-dashboard to check online - there is no version on admin-settings, can you please specify exactly where you clicked (url from the addressbar etc.)