Froxlor Forum

Have problem on Froxlor installation

JavaLink

Question

CCCC.png

Hi

I try install Froxlor several times bu every time i get error

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'myuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I do these things for create use:

CREATE USER 'myuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'pP123!@#Hello';

then

create database froxlor;

and then

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `froxlor` TO 'myuser'@'localhost';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

I check connection with a file called con.php contain this ---> and it's OK.

<?php
$servername = "localhost";
$username = "myuser";
$password = "pP123!@#Hello";

// Create connection
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password);

// Check connection
if ($conn->connect_error) {
    die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
}
echo "Connected successfully";

but after run froxlor to install it and fill all information, i get that error.

Also i check again with server and find out that the `myuser` user is deleted...What happened? What Froxlor do?

12 answers to this question

usually, froxlor uses the given root-user to create the unprivileged user and its database. My best guess is that there's some special character in the password that mysql/php-pdo somehow does not like. Could you try without any special characters to be sure?

On 9/2/2019 at 2:02 PM, d00p said:

usually, froxlor uses the given root-user to create the unprivileged user and its database. My best guess is that there's some special character in the password that mysql/php-pdo somehow does not like. Could you try without any special characters to be sure?

OK . you mean change password of myuser to simpler password?

OK thanks. installed.

i have couple of another questions about froxlor:

0 - Where is admin login page? after installation i got to first page for installation..

1- What is difference between froxlor with DirectAdmin and Cpanel... i see that i install it without clean server. I mean why DirectAdmin need clean server to installing it.. but in froxlor i now just install it on my production server with previous site without any problem.

2- Can froxlor damage another database or user's. i am now on a production server. for example delete my previous database .. or i dont know apache config or mysql or anythings.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, JavaLink said:

0 - Where is admin login page? after installation i got to first page for installation..

then your installation did not finish completely. Be sure that all froxlor files belong to the webserver user or read carefully at the last page of installation (due to permissions the required config file could be created in /tmp/ and you need to manually move it to the froxlor/lib/ folder)

In any other cases, opening froxlor in a browser will prompt you with the login - which is the admin login page.

23 minutes ago, JavaLink said:

1- What is difference between froxlor with DirectAdmin and Cpanel... i see that i install it without clean server. I mean why DirectAdmin need clean server to installing it.. but in froxlor i now just install it on my production server with previous site without any problem.

very vague question. I don't really now the others, never used them, never will. I bet there are many differences. No froxlor does not require a "clean server". Yes you can install it on production server with sites on it. Be careful about given directories/files in the settings which might get deleted/regenerated regulary though.

27 minutes ago, JavaLink said:

2- Can froxlor damage another database or user's. i am now on a production server. for example delete my previous database .. or i dont know apache config or mysql or anythings.

Definetly...froxlor's main purpose is to generate apache configs (and other services) for you. That's the whole point. And yes, you can damage a lot :) Froxlor is not a beginners tool - it supports and helps admins, but it definetly does not replace one