Froxlor Forum

Delete email data from filesystem

Brayan

Question

Hello,

any idea how to debug, why not delete email data from filesystem, when delete any email address.

I confirm checkbox for - Completely remove email data from filesystem? , but not delete mailbox in folder.

19 answers to this question

Hard to reproduce in that case. Which froxlor version? Does the cronjob run as root (it normally does)? what's the ownership/permission of the /var/customers/mails/[customer] folder which is to be deleted?

Installed version:  0.10.0-rc1 (DB: 201904100)

drwxr-x---  3 vmail vmail 4096 Apr 16 21:40 /var/customers/mail/customerx

other cronjobs from froxlor like calculate mailbox size, ssl certs etc running fine.

Unable to reproduce, works perfectly, entry for deletion of files is created and the cronjob deletes the user data as expected.

Please give EXACT steps to reproduce if NOT deleted as customer via froxlor-panel (but with using API or a custom scripts or similar)

Hm...okay, seems that there is nothing added to the tasks table...but sorry, as said, I am unable to reproduce this, as it works for me. And this is pure froxlor logic (adding the task) so I kind of wonder why it should not work for you

Now i test on other installation on new VPS, when all is clean. But same problem. Debian 9 and last version of froxlor, dovecot mail server.

The video is make on server where migrate old mailboxs and upgrade froxlor few times.

Later is install ftp and debug when make this mistake and write you.

I check now, but in new version is not work. I one place have old version - all is ok.

I think the problem is in lib\Froxlor\Api\Commands\Emails.php, can't find $delete_userfiles. I add lines with code, but variable is not working.

in EmailAccounts.php have but not work variable $delete_userfiles too.

Screenshot_44.jpg

25 minutes ago, Brayan said:

I think the problem is in lib\Froxlor\Api\Commands\Emails.php, can't find $delete_userfiles. I add lines with code, but variable is not working.

???? Function delete() -> $delete_userfiles = $this->getBoolParam('delete_userfiles', true, 0); 

Sorry, please don't fiddle around in the code and expect things to work. I tried different scenarios now and it always works just fine. 

Hi again,

i check now, see next screenshots:

May be you test only delete account, not whole email address with checkbox - delete files...

When delete whole address with confirm checkbox delete files from file system - is not work. The variable $delete_userfiles is 0

Screenshot_48.jpg

Screenshot_49.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Brayan said:

Hi again,

i check now, see next screenshots:

May be you test only delete account, not whole email address with checkbox - delete files...

When delete whole address with confirm checkbox delete files from file system - is not work. The variable $delete_userfiles is 0

Screenshot_48.jpg

Screenshot_49.jpg

I have the exact same problem.
0.10.17 (DB: 202005150)