Froxlor Forum

Migration from syscp

princeofnaxos

Question

11 answers to this question

Today I performed the migration. Had a few issues, but generally it went well. Went all the way to installing from the git-master, although it is said not to use it in production environment yet.

I only was surprised (or disappointed) that the syscp file structure is maintained on the server: everything is still under /var/syscp. Probably not so important, but still. I can move/rename manually.

2 minutes ago, princeofnaxos said:

I only was surprised (or disappointed) that the syscp file structure is maintained on the server: everything is still under /var/syscp.

well what do you expect when updating the files in /var/syscp? for ages the default is /var/www/froxlor - also, you can extract froxlor or move it wherever you want as long as the webserver can access it

There was ...many years...but as syscp is dead for ages now we decided to drop that long ago...you would need to upgrade from syscp to an older version of froxlor (https://files.froxlor.org/releases). Can't remember when exactly we dropped that...but 0.9.1x should still include it. After that you can upgrade the old froxlor using the latest tarball easily

34 minutes ago, princeofnaxos said:

So I installed 0.9.1, but that version does not work in PHP5.6. Could you try and find out which exact version I have to use?

Currently due to work, no, sorry

34 minutes ago, princeofnaxos said:

Currently, I installed 0.9.19, but I don't know where to expect the 'do you want to upgrade from syscp' question.

Well did you overwrite syscp files or did you run a new install? The key is to have the lib/userdata.inc.php file as it tells froxlor that there is a database and with what credentials to connect there. Then when opening froxlor in a browser it should tell you that you can update

6 hours ago, princeofnaxos said:

So I installed 0.9.1, but that version does not work in PHP5.6. Could you try and find out which exact version I have to use?

Currently, I installed 0.9.19, but I don't know where to expect the 'do you want to upgrade from syscp' question.

Thanks for your effort.

If the accounts are not so much (Less than 25), why not manually recreate them so as to start on a very clean slate.

Don't really know BUT you seem to love Older Unsupported Software versions.

PHP5.6 is almost dropped if not dropped already. Why not move up to PHP 7.0 or if you have very old scripts on your websites, then install both 5.6 and 7.0 OR 7.2 .

As for SYSCP, never used or saw it, only heard about it. Scripts such at such an Age are meant to be kept ar Museums, not to be used in Today's environment.

Pretty bald to say that I love unsupported software. You base that on what? PHP 5 is still supported, but not so much longer.

We looked at upgrading to Froxlor already in 2014. That’s when my account was created. We didn’t upgrade for many reasons, one of them being time. Also, we had a well-running system, so why change that and risk running into trouble? Furthermore, we made some changes to syscp which we would have to make again to the Froxlor version of 2014.

And no, we cannot start from scratch. We have hundreds of mailboxes and websites.

Just an advice to you: if you don’t have anything substantial to add to a discussion, then just stay out of it. Better for everyone.

Archived