Froxlor Forum

Email attachment storage location

nisamudeen97

Question

Hi,

My email was previously with gmail and it is configured in my Thunderbird mail client with mac.     I have now moved my domain and its mx to froxlor mx.  I have tired migrating old email to froxlor via thundirbird.  I could see it getting failed for some reason.  All emails are also not getting copied. 

Finally I have managed to copy old emails manually to my server via scp.  I copied emails from local system location "/Users/nisa/Library/Mail/V4/5214C655-C856-4C64-A5B2-45B4FD5B11D4/INBOX.mbox/B07A31E1-A91B-4F22-9F5D-6DBBB760A094/Data/2/8/1/Messages/*"   to  "/var/customers/mail/nisa/domain.com/nisa/Maildir/.Sent/cur/"    copied sent folder likewise.  I could see emails good meanwhile I am unable to find the attachments.  Thunderbird stores attachments as files in different folder and I am unable to find the location where froxlor store its email attachments.

My question is how froxlor manages the email attachments?  Is it treating each attachment as file names ? I have  froxlor + dovecot.    Let me know the location to which I have to copy my attachments ?

3 answers to this question

Huh? Froxlor has absolutely nothing to do with email attachments and their storage. Emails on server-side are nothing more than PLAIN TEXT files, even WITH ATTACHMENTS (base64). So, there is no other location or whatsoever

Archived