Froxlor Forum

Froxlor and Godaddy DNS Setup

Andrew Stafford

Question

Good day, 

First time posting here, I just got Froxlor setup on a hyperV, Debian 9 VM.

It is up and running, got my customers/ domains added. I can't seem to get the domain to cooperate though. 

I use Godaddy to buy and host my domains. What do I need to do on Godaddy and through Froxlor to get my website visible to the public?

I currently tried setting an a record on godaddy with my servers ip.

I changed the name servers in froxlor to those listed by godaddy for my domain.

Am i on the right track or missing it entirely?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, - Andrew 

18 answers to this question

2 hours ago, d00p said:

Well your domains need to point to your server IP. If you use godaddy and their nameserver you do not need to activate Nameserver related stuff in froxlor

Ok cool, so what do i need to do record wise with godaddy? If i disable the name server stuff in froxlor, what else would need to be done?

26 minutes ago, d00p said:

Please test your settings at GoDaddy then, as we cannot know what you've booked with them.

Also please use a shell instead of webtools, if you run and maintain a server these are the basics...

Records

Last updated 9/21/2018 1:42 AM
A
Name  @
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
A
Name  *
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
A
Name  mail
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
A
Name  ns01.domaincontrol.com
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
A
Name  ns02.domaincontrol.com
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
A
Name  www
Value  47.201.255.139
Edit
CNAME
Name  ftp
Value  @
Edit
CNAME
Name  panel
Value  @
Edit
CNAME
Name  _domainconnect
Value _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com
Edit
NS
Name  @
Value  ns01.domaincontrol.com

NS
Name  @
Value  ns02.domaincontrol.com

SOA
Name  @
Value  Primary nameserver: ns01.domaincontrol.com.

So I got the issues resolved, apparently there is a section in the Panel that required you to go through configuration of the services. I didn't read this anywhere and I had no idea about it. I can now view my pages, however... Now since running the commands in the config section I can no longer connect to the panel to log in anymore.

I made sure it is moved to /var/www/ and not /var/www/html/
I updated it accordingly In the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf, there I have it pointing to /var/www/

So why does: domain/froxlor/ no longer work?

-A

6 hours ago, Andrew Stafford said:

So I got the issues resolved, apparently there is a section in the Panel that required you to go through configuration of the services. I didn't read this anywhere and I had no idea about it

Really? Our installation guide says that....

6 hours ago, Andrew Stafford said:

So why does: domain/froxlor/ no longer work

Depends on your settings. Check the generated vhost configs. If you did not let froxlor create its own vhost then you probably can access froxlor only by using http://{your-server-ip-address}/froxlor

4 hours ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Am very much aware lot's of First Timers (include me)  to using FROXLOR end up using one of the Numerous (Uncompleted) Guides out there hence the reason for the numerous issues we they end up having.

He clearly said he just did not read out guide...so...

On 9/22/2018 at 9:17 AM, d00p said:

He clearly said he just did not read out guide...so...

My understanding is that He didn't read the Guide on FROXLOR's page.

Most people i know got to know about FROXLOR via the numerous comparisons done on blogs (most of which are Copy & Paste with little to no modifications).
So they just follow the instruction until the end.

It's when they are unable to make use of things that they keep searching till they find the forum where questions and answers are found.

My Suggestion : 
A well detailed tutorial/guide can be made and a link placed on the download page in such a well it's easily visible to anyone on that page.
Can't  remember the number of days and all the stress it took me till a member on the chats section sent me a link to a page i had to translate to understand.

And that was the deal breaker .

FROXLOR is nice, Neat and uncluttered - major reason i abandoned ISPConfig 3 (UI looks like it was designed before the birth of Abacus) which was working perfectly for me.

Archived