Froxlor Forum

Does FROXLOR have OR Support

kingsley ezenwa

Question

21 answers to this question

Hi

Any Plan introducing / adding a billing module to FROXLOR ?

Also a look at the Panel Plans database table shows just how basic it's implemented.

Seems to me, have been added as an after thought.

Want to assume most features using the information in this table already existed long before the table was added hence reason why it's implemented in such a way.

Also a look at customers table panel_customers also shows how contents of panel_plans were added rather than referencing the table row ids.

Working on adding/extending features whenever i have little time hence want to know if there's a RoadMap of what happens to FROXLOR and if there are plans to do certain things.

Also the Date of termination:  field added on the  Edit domain Page seems not to either work correctly OR i don't understand it's purpose.

A look at it tells me the domain should expire according to the date added there BUT what happens is that as soon as a value is entered, it immediately say   (terminated as of 2020-02-14)  so please kindly make me understand this isn't an error or that it is.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Any Plan introducing / adding a billing module to FROXLOR ?

not really

32 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Also a look at the Panel Plans database table shows just how basic it's implemented.

it does what it was designed to do....

34 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Also a look at customers table panel_customers also shows how contents of panel_plans were added rather than referencing the table row ids.

because it makes no sense? a hosting plan is a TEMPLATE which can OPTIONALLY be selected when adding a customer. Still, the customer can have DIFFERENT settings from the hosting template, hence no referencing. 

35 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Working on adding/extending features whenever i have little time hence want to know if there's a RoadMap of what happens to FROXLOR and if there are plans to do certain things.

With all you threads and posts here...i've never seen a single line of code from you....so, less talk more code?

36 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Also the Date of termination:  field added on the  Edit domain Page seems not to either work correctly OR i don't understand it's purpose.

I assume the latter....whatever you think it's supposed to do...it's an information field...it does nothing but show information. As froxlor is no domain registrar, nor has it an interface to connect to any of them to delete / cancel a domain automatically...

Okay

Never knew I was supposed to contribute back the codes.

Would lok into that.

By the way, what editor do you use with GIT that makes you able to display comments about what changes you make.

All I do is just make modifications and only make comments where need be BUT those would never be display on GIT.

Was able to make use of GIT few days ago BUT just for Updating as I still make edits outside GIT.

Froxlor basically supports every MDA/MTA that can read from mysql database...

16 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

By the way, what editor do you use with GIT that makes you able to display comments about what changes you make.

Don't understand what you mean by that.

Wow

No response. I have been noticing this for a while now most especially to my threads.

Guess it's time I realize I get no support whatsoever EXCEPT the question is considered Highly Worthy to be asked by a System Admin..

Probably I find my way to the Chat room so maybe a fellow User might be of help.

Well no issues.

Thanks

Am setting up another Fresh server and thinking if I can this time around replace MariaDB with Percona Server.

Latest versions of MariaDb (v10.2 and 10.3) seems to be more Ram Hungry  than MariaDB 10.1 .

And since I have read so much about Percona server and they really are after performance, am thinking to use it this time around.

Since it's a drop-in replacement of MYSQL just like MariaDB, I want to believe it would play very nice with FROXLOR .

Also apart from php7.0, will the most recent version of php which is php7.2 play nice with FROXLOR

Noticed something Weird.

For a while now, have been having issues with one of my server so much I had to upgrade to a Server with 8GB of Ram from my previous 4GB ram yet I have to do restarts every 2-days and sometimes every day else it becomes UnResponsive websites begin to display  502 Bad gateway, and sometimes 504 Gateway timeout,.

Other times, websites becomes so slow I have to restart the Server before everything returns to Normal.

Before I do Restarts, I always notice Ram Usage is very High (almost 98% and sometimes 100% used). 

Recently, I realized I don't really have to Restart the Server, clicking on Rebuild config files  (url looks like this    http://example.com/cpanel/admin_settings.php?page=rebuildconfigs&s=q1w2e3r4t5y6uu7i8)   is enough to get the Ram Usage back to normal (about 15%) and all Websites Functioning as Normal.

In other word, Clicking on  Rebuild config files  has same effect as Restarting the Server.

So am bringing this Up to know if there's any other thing FROXLOR does other than generating Config Files .

Issue has been going on for over 3-months now and have forced me into moving from a 4GB ram server to 8GB ram server.

Have even tried to Over Optimized MYSQL (which was my earlier suspicious) as much as I could yet no result.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Recently, I realized I don't really have to Restart the Server, clicking on Rebuild config files  (url looks like this    http://example.com/cpanel/admin_settings.php?page=rebuildconfigs&s=q1w2e3r4t5y6uu7i8)   is enough to get the Ram Usage back to normal (about 15%) and all Websites Functioning as Normal.

it simply regenerates configs and restarts webserver/php-fpm/bind (if used) - nothing else

3 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

So am bringing this Up to know if there's any other thing FROXLOR does other than generating Config Files 

see above

4 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Issue has been going on for over 3-months now and have forced me into moving from a 4GB ram server to 8GB ram server.

Have even tried to Over Optimized MYSQL (which was my earlier suspicious) as much as I could yet no result.

i bet on customer website / weird scripts / plugin-stuffed wordpress/cms or similar

Hi

Am here once again,  Any Idea how to configure FROXLOR to use TCP  Socket to connect PHP-FPM rather than Unix Socket ?

Once tried using port 9000  BUT that failed to work (I probably wasn't doing something right).

By default, FROXLOR uses a UNIX Socket which isn't so good if you need to support lot's of concurrent connections .

Am doing this in a bid to see what causes PHP7.2-FPM consume lot's of resources .

Thanks

1 minute ago, d00p said:

We do not do that via TCP because we have a socket for every customer/domain which is owned by the corresponding user...

Is it possible to create TCP Sockets for every Customer ?
I understand it's done for security reasons BUT just asking if it's possible OR what dangers would occur if a Single TCP Socket connection is used.

Archived