Froxlor Forum
kingsley ezenwa

Using a different SERVER IP address

Question

Hi
Sorry to Bother you BUT I need a little input from you Guys please.
I already have a running server which has FROXLOR installed on it and everything (except the occasional 403 errors I complained about earlier) works fine.
Now I have a friend who wants to do Email Blasting (Sending Large Quantities of Email Messages) for just a couple of Days or week .

I want to let him use my server BUT I planned getting a separate Server so he doesn't Mess up my IP address.

BUT I want to know if I can just Buy a New  Server and use the IP for  his own account so I don't have to get a new server entirely.

He will be majorly sending emails though is free to do anything else with the Account I create for him as long as he doesn't exceed the time frame I gives him.

Please kindly do let me know if there's anything else I might be risking going this route .

Is getting him a different IP address safe enough for him to use my server and not cause any issue like do something that might put me in trouble or affect My email sending capability.
Security wise, I have no issue.

Thanks for your time

3 answers to this question

A Summary of what I want to do

Buy a different Server, Create MX-Server and  Use the IP address to create an account on my own server which already has FROXLOR installed.

Don't want to Install anything on the new Server, Will only use the IP address.

Want to know if this s enough to avoid any compromise on my server in terms of Email Sending Reputation & making sure My server is not tracked should he in any way do something funny.

Hope am clear enough.

You have no clue about routing, mailservers and other things. So forget it very quickly and install another server with its own ip-address if you want to support email blasting people.

14 minutes ago, Shortie said:

You have no clue about routing, mailservers and other things. So forget it very quickly and install another server with its own ip-address if you want to support email blasting people.

Thanks

Was just thinking without Actually Thinking.

Well I have now thought a Little.

Here's my Plan

Get a new IP address for my Friend, His domain is already registered elsewhere so I will Create an A record using the new IP address and Link his Domain to my Server

I can always create an MX Record,  SPF, etc specifically for him since he now has a seperate IP address.

Just want Pros in house to help me point out if am still making myself vulnerable in any way.

NB: Have done something like this before but it's been long and can't remember exactly how BUT then, I wasn't afraid of what sort of emails would be sent BUT I want to be sure None of His actions would be traceable to Me or my Server.

I believe if his emails gets marked as SPAM, his IP address ALONE would Suffer and not mine.

I will just harbor him for a few days or Maximum of 1-week

Thanks