Froxlor Forum

Frequent 403 error not found

kingsley ezenwa

Question

Hi All,

Am having an issue of frequent 403 errors on all websites hosted on one of our VPS

Server Make-Up
PHP versionPHP 7.0.27
WebServer: Nginx 
/1.13.12 
Webserver interface: FPM-FCGI

My Issue: I keep on having 403 errors on all websites hosted on a VPS administered using FROXLOR panel and I have checked all I can without finding any culprit.

What I have Tried:

1. Checked all websites files permissions and ownership rights which are all okay.
  2. I have also disabled the Anti-Virus we were running for sake of emails . The anti-virus was mostly to scan emails but can equally scan files and only report issues without taking any action.
  3. Have equally added more rams just temporarily to cancel my thoughts that it might be low memory which i was sure wasn't the issue

My Temporary Solution : is to empty the content of /var/customers/logs/   AND also  Rebuild config files  on Froxlor to regenerate the files back and that solves the problem till next occurrence which can take a couple of days to start again.

My Suspicion: Does the size of logs in /var/customers/logs/  have any effects on the websites. Asking this because there are log files (mostly  ***-access.log )  which can get larger than 1GB BUT as soon as I delete the entire ( both ***-access.log   and  ***-error.log ) files and regenerate them again using FROXLOR interface, all websites starts  working perfectly again.

PS: I understand 403 error message on a website is mostly due to a permission issue BUT for this issue, I can't tell what might be the issue as I have confirmed Files and Folder permissions and all are okay.
Froxlor is running perfectly Okay without any issues.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, d00p said:

funny that you ask for help here and advertise yourself in another thread to be able to manage froxlor / server... 

Wow!!!

Does it mean we never can run into issues needing external help at times?

Don't know about you BUT no one knows it all. Even most Guys working with the big hosting companies sometimes need help from CPanel technical support.

Anyway, care to help look into the issue I was having .

Thought it wise getting in touch here because this is FROXLOR's forum where I know the Lead Developer/ Maintainer resides.

We all run into issues no matter how learned we might be.

Saw someone  @rashantha  who seemed to have numerous issues initially to the extent of moving From CentOS which he was using initially to Debian (Same thing I did myself) now answering 1 or 2 questions to help another fellow new member.

Take it or leave it, FROXLOR is very good, unclustered and neat BUT lack of clear documentation (a lot of newbies actually easily finds the incomplete tutorials online) + Froxlor developers assumption that everyone one should be almost a Pro Linux Admin to use FROXLOR is what I think is keeping FROXLOR's adoption rate where it currently is because it's actually a very good product. 

I came from ISPConfig, Left it due to UI looking so Old despite the fact it has much more Features, there are lot's of documentation to help both new and existing Users.
Also, I have never used their Forum BUT I have seen lot's of funny questions being answered without making a fuss of it.

31 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Froxlor developers assumption that everyone one should be almost a Pro Linux Admin to use FROXLOR is what I think is keeping FROXLOR's adoption rate where it currently is because it's actually a very good product. 

We always say, froxlor is NOT a beginners tools...it's an ADMIN tool, which kinda requires the users to be some kind of admin.

33 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

I came from ISPConfig, Left it due to UI looking so Old despite the fact it has much more Features, there are lot's of documentation to help both new and existing Users.
Also, I have never used their Forum BUT I have seen lot's of funny questions being answered without making a fuss of it.

If you don't like it, then leave it....I'm not here to be told what to do or whats best. I do this in my spare time and i give all I can to the users - if the users asks total beginner questions, then sorry, he or she should go through the various online tutorials online or whatever before using something like froxlor. 

When we ask Questions ad Get a Helpful Response, 2 or more things happens

1. Other Users experiencing same or similar problem(s) automatically get response to their issues.
    While using ISPConfig, I never asked any questions (didn't even register at their forum till this day) as I always see it already asked and answered by someone else.

2.  We end up assisting other Users experiencing same and/or similar issues.
  3. etc

Still waiting for your response to my question.
Thanks

18 minutes ago, d00p said:

We always say, froxlor is NOT a beginners tools...it's an ADMIN tool, which kinda requires the users to be some kind of admin.

Okay

No I see it.

I understand my issue is a Permission issue BUT the way it keeps happening util I clear log files makes me kinda lost hence reason for asking someone more experienced in it.

Mind having something such as Paid Support ?

Just a suggestion though so we know we have something to lean on.

Thanks for your time and all

5 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

When we ask Questions ad Get a Helpful Response, 2 or more things happens

1. Other Users experiencing same or similar problem(s) automatically get response to their issues.
    While using ISPConfig, I never asked any questions (didn't even register at their forum till this day) as I always see it already asked and answered by someone else.

2.  We end up assisting other Users experiencing same and/or similar issues.
  3. etc

Still waiting for your response to my question.
Thanks

Dude, you don't need to tell me how this works...if you're such a great helper, you're welcome to help others, but not by telling the only one helping here what to do, otherwise, leave.

You might think i'm an asshole the way I answer and react, but i do this on purpose to help people HELP THEMSELVES. When administrating servers, EXPERIENCE is the key. It's not about getting froxlor installed up and running in 5 minutes, it's about KNOWING what you DO and knowing YOUR SYSTEM. It's essential...if you can't handle that, you should NOT run any public services on the Internet. Now, acceppt it, play along, or don't and leave me alone

I understand running an open source project is not easy. That said, poor documentation is a huge detriment to any project. I have read a lot of the post on the forums and find the answers harsh, to say the least. Hopefully, this is taken as constructive criticism and not an attack.

Also, there seems to be only 1 person answering the forums which can be taxing.

I was lucky to be able to move to Cpanel because of the huge support provided by them for the education market. $30 only for the product.

I was working on some refreshed guides to install froxlor... I might post these. It might help others that want to test and not have to invest wasted hours imho. I did get http and sftp working on debian.

All the best... Froxlor looks like a great project.

Maybe focus on debian and remove support for Centos till others can help. not sure. And also to acknowledge mistakes so that it helps others.

my 2 cents.

Archived