Froxlor Forum

Quick Questions - Issues Configuring FROXLOR

kingsley ezenwa

Question

I have installed and Configured Froxlor and everything seems to be working BUT after adding 2 domains, I get 403 Forbidden error message which I know is a Permission issue on NGINX but after trying to figure out the issue as the error logs were saying nothing, I decieded to go into the customer's web folder for the domain and I saw that the files and folders has the user:group name as 10000:10000 .

Just to be sure, I tried to reapply the permissions But I got this error message    

• 10000 user not found on this system
  • 10000 group does not exist on this system

My Server machine config is
CentOS 7
Nginx
MariaDB
PHP7.0

Here's how FROXLOR was installed
I replaced NGINX default web page in /var/www with my mini website hence /var/www/mini-website.com/cpanel/froxlor  and it seems to be working well including all it's internal pages as they are not controlled by FROXLOR but all domains controlled and added by FROXLOR are having the permission (403 forbidden error) issue .

any idea what might be wrong please ?

27 minutes ago, d00p said:

Adjust your settings...Over and Over and Over again...the settings are all self-explaining. Hundreds of users have no problem setting up and using froxlor. I think you're overthinking. Setting up froxlor is a matter of minutes....

Or is it because am using CENTOS 7 ?

Would have switched OS but am more comfortable with CentOS 7 but willing to play around with other OS if that's the issue.

Can you please help me look into this ?
Am willing to give server login details

Hi
Am once again giving Froxlor another trial But am now doing so on Ubuntu (even though it's my first time using Ubuntu since am coming from CentOS 7).

I have installed everything but now am on FROXLOR Configuration page trying to generate a configuration for Ubuntu but all I can see for Ubuntu is  Ubuntu Precise (12.04)   and   Ubuntu Trusty (14.04)  But am on  Ubuntu  artful  (17.10)  and since am new to Ubuntu (using Ubuntu all because of FROXLOR) , I really don't know how to adapt the configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Server Machine is:
Nginx
Ubuntu  artful  (17.10)  
PHP 7.1
Mariadb
Latest Froxlor from froxlor.org

waiting for your kindful assistance

Thanks

2 hours ago, d00p said:

There are no config Templates for 17.10. you would have to adapt the configs yourself

Yea
I have just managed to do so But am hitting another issue though

Below is a sample config for /etc/nginx//sites-enabled/10_froxlor_ipandport_178.79.170.161.80.conf
if I comment out the LISTEN parameter, the website works but if i uncomment it, the whole server is unable to serve php files but would serve .html files.

# 10_froxlor_ipandport_178.79.170.

Please kindly help look into this. Would be waiting for your help161.80.conf
# Created 07.02.2018 17:16
# Do NOT manually edit this file, all changes will be deleted after the next domain change at the panel.

server { 
#    listen    178.79.170.161:80 default_server;
    listen    178.79.170.161:80 default_server;
    # Froxlor default vhost
    server_name    server5.baconsol.com;
    access_log      /var/log/nginx/access.log;
    root     /var/www/baconsol.com/cpanel/;
    index    index.php index.html index.htm;

location / {
    }
    location ~ \.php {
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
        include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
        try_files $fastcgi_script_name =404;
        fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:8888;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
    }
}

NB: 
Initially, I had an issue which is related to this thread   https://forum.froxlor.org/index.php?/topic/13329-solved-unknown-error-not-in-option-system_ipaddress/   But luckily, adding my IP address to FROXLOR IP & Ports section (which was surprisingly empty unlike when FROXLOR is installed in CentOS that it's auto filled. ) solved the issue.

UPDATE 01
Changing the LISTEN Parameter to either 
    listen    *:80;   
OR
    listen    localhost:80;
solves the server-wide 404 error issue for .php files But Since whatever changes made to FROXLOR generated vhost files are lost on next domain edit or whatever, how do I permanently fix this.

UPDATE 02
I can confirm that Unchecking Create vHost-Container: in IP & Ports solves the 404 error issue as the vhost file is now empty with just the following as it's content

"""""
# 10_froxlor_ipandport_178.79.170.161.80.conf
# Created 07.02.2018 18:38
# Do NOT manually edit this file, all changes will be deleted after the next domain change at the panel.   
"""""

My Observation
Ubuntu seems more suited for FROXLOR than CentOS 7 as most configurations/defaults are correct . 

Dont Play around in the vhosts manually...you seem to have weird issues. Never experienced such Problems when properly Setup (adjust settings, go through all the required config templates) its really a matter of minutes...

3 minutes ago, d00p said:

*sigh* it's getting a Bit annoying.

1) Just Copy und Paste These Configs...dont think. Copy...and Paste...

2) for further Support please Join our IRC Channel.

Please be patient with me Sir

I believe it's almost over.
You don't know what I have gone through just to make this work

Also can you drop the IRC channel. Saw one in froxlor's website but my browser was unable to open it

Thanks

Hi

Am trying to figure out what am doing wrong both in CentOS 7 and Ubuntu and I have narrowed down to few points among which is this  Failed to restart php-fcgi.service: Unit php-fcgi.service not found.

Now despite the fact that FROXLOR seems to be php7.1 ready and I have been using php7.2 and php7.1 with corresponding php7.1-fpm  But FROXLOR's vhosts are configured with a different php-fpm which seems to have it's configs (thanks to FROXLOR's configuration set-up) on my server but the service isn't able to start due to the fact it's not really installed.

Am talking about php-fcgi.service which gives this error "Failed to restart php-fcgi.service: Unit php-fcgi.service not found."  .
Now am using php-fpm and not  php-fcgi .

I have narrowed much of this issue to php-fpm or php-fcgi which is part of the configuration being set-up at Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) »  Webserver (HTTP) »  nginx       Configuration Set-up Page .

.html pages seems to work perfectly but .php websites gives either 404 error or 502 Bad Gateway  . So I know issue must be either php-fpm or php-fcgi

And just so you know, i use NGINX with php7.1-fpm

Please kindly help me so all the days, money  and resources (left work, bought server 4 times, Sleepless nights & days) won't all go to waste.
All my life, I have never faced this issue before But since it's same on Ubuntu and centOS 7, I know it's not FROXLOR's issue + there are people using FROXLOR.

Am happy to say things seems to be much more better here on Ubuntu than on CentOS 7 .

Here is the last part of the error log from one of the test domains 

2018/02/08 10:48:14 [crit] 12080#12080: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/1-zigdonor-zigdonor.com-php-fpm.socket failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 197.210.8.55, server: zigdonor.com, request: "GET /index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/1-zigdonor-zigdonor.com-php-fpm.socket:", host: "zigdonor.com"
2018/02/08 10:48:14 [crit] 12080#12080: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/1-zigdonor-zigdonor.com-php-fpm.socket failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 197.210.8.55, server: zigdonor.com, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/1-zigdonor-zigdonor.com-php-fpm.socket:", host: "zigdonor.com", referrer: "http://zigdonor.com/index.php"

Websites works well if it's html but would give error if .php webpage

7 hours ago, d00p said:

Well then join our irc channel, give me access to the server and we'll see

Hi

Please how do I send you server access

I have joined     irc://irc.freenode.net/#froxlor     using MIRC client but yet to get any response.
If you drop your email, I will send you server access.

Thanks

Archived