Froxlor Forum

Quick Questions - Issues Configuring FROXLOR

kingsley ezenwa

Question

I have installed and Configured Froxlor and everything seems to be working BUT after adding 2 domains, I get 403 Forbidden error message which I know is a Permission issue on NGINX but after trying to figure out the issue as the error logs were saying nothing, I decieded to go into the customer's web folder for the domain and I saw that the files and folders has the user:group name as 10000:10000 .

Just to be sure, I tried to reapply the permissions But I got this error message    

• 10000 user not found on this system
  • 10000 group does not exist on this system

My Server machine config is
CentOS 7
Nginx
MariaDB
PHP7.0

Here's how FROXLOR was installed
I replaced NGINX default web page in /var/www with my mini website hence /var/www/mini-website.com/cpanel/froxlor  and it seems to be working well including all it's internal pages as they are not controlled by FROXLOR but all domains controlled and added by FROXLOR are having the permission (403 forbidden error) issue .

any idea what might be wrong please ?

you know linux right? And you basically understand what "permission denied" / "forbidden" means right? You said yourself the user "10000" cannot be found ... so how can it have any permission? Also you split your problems in a dozen tiny posts here on the forum...how are we supposed to see the "whole"? I have actually no idea what you are doing there....so please:

- state what EXACTLY you want to achieve / setup and

- tell us EXACTLY where / what the issues are, provide LOGS (there are ALWAYS logs)

30 minutes ago, d00p said:

you know linux right? And you basically understand what "permission denied" / "forbidden" means right? You said yourself the user "10000" cannot be found ... so how can it have any permission? Also you split your problems in a dozen tiny posts here on the forum...how are we supposed to see the "whole"? I have actually no idea what you are doing there....so please:

- state what EXACTLY you want to achieve / setup and

- tell us EXACTLY where / what the issues are, provide LOGS (there are ALWAYS logs)

Okay

Sorry I will make all posts on this thread to avoid littering everywhere and so you can help me as am gradually losing hope on FROXLOR. So much time gone down the drain.

In fact, not really sure on how to explain the situation.

I have installed FROXLOR and it seems to be working correctly though  FROXLOR installation gives 404 error anytime I restart  Nginx and the only way to make it work again is to delete the vhost files created by FROXLOR in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ and restart NGINX  then it's starts working till next time I restart  NGINX daemon which would make it stop and give 404 error again

Another issue which seems to be a major issue is that 1 have added 2 Customer with 2 domains But both domains keeps displaying NGINX default web-page .

Don't know much about the NSCD  but below is the output of systemctl status nscd
 nscd[5827]: 5827 monitoring directory `/etc` (2)
 nscd[5827]: 5827 monitoring file `/etc/hosts` (4)
 nscd[5827]: 5827 monitoring file `/etc/resolv.conf` (5)
 nscd[5827]: 5827 monitoring file `/etc/services` (6)
 nscd[5827]: 5827 disabled inotify-based monitoring for file `/etc/netgroup': No such file or directory
 nscd[5827]: 5827 stat failed for file `/etc/netgroup'; will try again later: No such file or directory
 systemd[1]: Started Name Service Cache Daemon.

Will be waiting to provide more information

Thanks

Also normally i can always reapply existing folder/file permissions  But when i try to do same to files/folder created by FROXLOR in the /var/customers/webs folder, I get the following error

• 10000 user not found on this system
  • 10000 group does not exist on this system

And since this user:group is a virtual user/group, am totally lost on an alternate way to fix it.

I would have paid you to set up the server for me BUT won't as that means tomorrow if anything breaks, I would know almost nothing on how to fix it.

Am not so much a noob if I have access to materials/tutorials but FROXLOR really lacks documentations especially for Nginx & CentOS 7.

My first trial with ISPConfig3 was like I have been setting it up for a very long time BUT I really want to leave ISPConfig3 because it's bloated to me and I want to customize thing as time goes on.

Please help me

Thanks

1 hour ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

I have installed FROXLOR and it seems to be working correctly though  FROXLOR installation gives 404 error anytime I restart  Nginx

so....basically...it is NOT working correctly...? 

and the only way to make it work again is to delete the vhost files created by FROXLOR in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ and restart NGINX

Maybe it would be wise to take a LOOK at the generated vhost file to find out WHY it gives you the 404?

This is 99% a wrong setting...nothing else...

Another issue which seems to be a major issue is that 1 have added 2 Customer with 2 domains But both domains keeps displaying NGINX default web-page

well resolve your initial vhost problem (see above) first...there seems to be something not right anyway.

Now. please do the following:

1) open shell as root and run: "php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug"

2) nopaste ALL files from /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ here

Am not so much a noob if I have access to materials/tutorials but FROXLOR really lacks documentations especially for Nginx & CentOS 7.

Your problems do not have very much to do with documentation of froxlor...Froxlor can only do the right things / generate correct configs if you give it the correct infos in the settings :)

Here is one of the generated Vhost (35_froxlor_normal_vhost_surecashout.com.conf) for one of the domains  ->  https://pastebin.com/JjWzGeUs

And here is the Vhost for the generated 10_froxlor_ipandport_139.162.225.38.80.conf  ->  https://pastebin.com/cW7dzBbC

NB: I have posted here real details so you see things real. No issues as they are temporary domains on a new temporary server.

Here's output of   "php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug"  .

[information] cron_tasks: Searching for tasks to do
[information] nginx::createIpPort: creating ip/port settings for  139.162.225.38:80
[information] nginx::writeConfigs: rebuilding /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
[information] nginx::reload: reloading nginx
sh: /etc/init.d/nginx: No such file or directory
[information] nginx::reload: running service php7.0-fpm restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart php7.0-fpm.service
Failed to restart php7.0-fpm.service: Unit not found.
[notice] Checking system's last guid
sh: /etc/init.d/cron: No such file or directory

2nd thing i notice, you did NOT adjust your settings correctly...

-> sh: /etc/init.d/nginx: No such file or directory
-> sh: /etc/init.d/cron: No such file or directory

This way, new configs WONT take effect...please adjust the corresponding restart commands in the settings

1 minute ago, d00p said:

2nd thing i notice, you did NOT adjust your settings correctly...

-> sh: /etc/init.d/nginx: No such file or directory
-> sh: /etc/init.d/cron: No such file or directory

This way, new configs WONT take effect...please adjust the corresponding restart commands in the settings

Where do I do this please ?
Am suspecting in FROXLOR settings under NGINX web server.
Guess documentation would have been so cool. Maybe time to provide paid support for your time

5 minutes ago, d00p said:

...how can it not matter? Domain not pointing to the server ...

Sorry Domain points to server but not the FQDN

Sample domain is example.com while 
FQDN is test.example.com

Real domain i.e example.com already points to server BUT i didn't point test.example.com to server because it's FQDN and didn't know it mattered.

I have just added my FQDN to my A records and set ttl to 5 minutes.
Thanks

Just now, kingsley ezenwa said:

Where do I do this please ?

I hope your kidding...

Just now, kingsley ezenwa said:

Am suspecting in FROXLOR settings under NGINX web server.

uh? You log in to froxlor as admin, and click on "Settings" on the left....really not that hard...

1 minute ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Guess documentation would have been so cool.

Still has nothing to do with documentation...i suppose people click on "Settings" when they want to adjust settings....it's really simple...

2 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Maybe time to provide paid support for your time

yes maybe...

Another noob question

Am used to restarting/reloading NGINX with Systemctl restart nginx and nginx -t for testing configuration  But now since /etc/init.d/nginx is not working (maybe because I installed NGINX from repo), and am unable to quickly get a response from Google, I did a guess work by typing Which NGINX and the out put was /usr/sbin/nginx but now am not sure it's the right thing to give FROXLOR  in "Webserver reload command
What's the webserver command to reload configfiles?"

Also, this  "Nginx PHP backend
this is where the PHP process is listening for requests from nginx, can be a unix socket of ip:port combination
*NOT used with php-fpm" has the value  127.0.0.1:8888 which I don't know if it's correct or not

7 minutes ago, d00p said:

second: if you don't know what it is, you're either not using it or you shouldn't be using it

Nginx PHP backend
I use PHP-FPM with Nginx if that helps.

I know this   fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000 in NGINX location ~ \.php{} config
AND my php-fpm listens on    listen = 127.0.0.1:9000   in /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf file .

Just posted above info if that helps for Nginx PHP backend in Web Server setting for NGINX  which is currently set to  127.0.0.1:8888 in FROXLOR

Thanks

I can see this   Nginx PHP backend
this is where the PHP process is listening for requests from nginx, can be a unix socket of ip:port combination
*NOT used with php-fpm

but don't really know what it means.
does *NOT used with php-fpm mean it's not applicable to php-fpm  AND Can I delete it's current value 127.0.0.1:8888  and leave it blank as it's always added to all Vhosts created by FROXLOR

location ~ \.php {
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
        include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
        try_files $fastcgi_script_name =404;
        fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:8888;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
    }

Adjust your settings...Over and Over and Over again...the settings are all self-explaining. Hundreds of users have no problem setting up and using froxlor. I think you're overthinking. Setting up froxlor is a matter of minutes....

Archived