Froxlor Forum

Froxlor USer Email Hosting

kingsley ezenwa

Question

Hi

Please am new to Froxlor but am asking this - have searched but can't find it nor can I say if it already exists or not.

I know with POSTFIX and Dovecot, i can setup an email server but I do not want to go through the rish of having IP blacklisted and other issues.

I also know FROXLOR can allow users create emails But is it possible for users email sending and receiving to be via SMTP rather than relying on the local server.

Somewhere in the settings, I saw it's able for FROXLOR to use external SMTP service like MAilchip, SendGrid, etc to send admin emails but what about general Emails such as User A who owns example2.com domain owning an email account also managed by Froxlor and being able to send and receive emails via External SMTP relays.

Does Froxlor already support this ?
Do you or anyone know of any script that has such a feature ?|

Waiting for your informed response.

Thanks for the Good work

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, d00p said:

I don't understand half of what you are writing...sorry.

Froxlor postfix configs will require the mail-account to be logged in to send email. For everything else you need to adjust your configs manually

Sorry let me be more clearer .

Normally for Customers email to work (sending & Receiving), the server admin has to install and configure POSTFIX and Dovecote and emails would be sent via the local server using the Server IP address, etc.

Now am asking if it's possible to send emails using external SMTP like SendGrid, Mailchimp, etc.

Something like there should be a space where you enter your SMTP credentials and they would be used instead.

I can see that Froxlor itself has an option to use external SMTP  in sending admin/notification emails. 

Am asking of this so we can send and receive emails without hosting the emails ourselves to avoid email issues.

Hope I have been more clear Sir?

6 hours ago, d00p said:

If you dont want froxlor to handle Mail, you can deactivate it on a per customer or per domain base. But then you are completely on your own regarding Configs.

See, I still want FROXLOR to handle emails But i do not want to be the one to host the emails with my IP.
I want to use services like Mailchimp, SendGrid, etc in sending and receiving the emails.

There should be a setting in FROXLOR where admin can enter his SendGrid SMTP credentials so it would be used in sending nad receiving all emails on the server.

This will improve deliverability  and  prevent my IP from being black listed and also reduce the amount of messages being marked as SPAM

40 minutes ago, d00p said:

This just makes no sense at all...

Really

I said this because I have seen lot's of worries and advices about Why you should not Run an email server and at the moment, am temporarily using Zoho email but I wish to handle things myself.

Even Froxlor has an Option for using external SMTP for sending admin emails.

How about we extend that so it does same for all customer's email?

Also if it's not possible with FROXLOR, any idea of any script that has such or similar feature ?

I have plans  tomorrow to download a Fresh copy of FROXLOR from Github and see it the NGINX Try_files issue has been fixed.

3 hours ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

I said this because I have seen lot's of worries and advices about Why you should not Run an email server and at the moment, am temporarily using Zoho email but I wish to handle things myself.

Learn how to run your own email server (with all the things you have to do to run it secure) or stay at ZOHO or any other email provider. Any other solution in combination with Froxlor is bullshit. Sorry for the clear words.

On 3.2.2018 at 4:10 PM, kingsley ezenwa said:

Even Froxlor has an Option for using external SMTP for sending admin emails.

lol...it has nothing to do with external servers...it's just about being LOGGED IN for sending mails. (Sendmail vs. SMTP)

On 3.2.2018 at 4:10 PM, kingsley ezenwa said:

How about we extend that so it does same for all customer's email?

it's for mails SENT BY FROXLOR....what does this have to do with customer mail accounts???? Total nonsense

Archived