Froxlor Forum

Unable to start php-fpm - "cannot get uid for user ...

kingsley ezenwa

Question

Hi
Am new to Froxlor. Am currently using ISPConfig + WebMin and okay with it (at least more stable) BUT I so much love Froxlor's cleaner interface and the fact Froxlor has less files (meaning it's easier to get into the source code and dig around) .

BUt sadly, I haven't had success using Froxlor + Nginx + PHP-FPM on centOS 7 Server. Things seems to work initially till during a server restart or something requiring Nginx or PHP-FPM to get restarted, I get this error    -      Unable to start php-fpm - "cannot get uid for user .        

The only way I have been able to successfully start PHP-FPM whenever this happens is to go into     "etc/php-fpm.d"       the folder and delete everything in it and also create a new    "www.conf" File which Froxlor keeps deleting everytime.
Would be cool if FROXLOR can stop deleting the default www.conf file .

Please can this issues be looked into so I can Use Froxlor as I love it better BUT currently on ISPConfig which is stable so far (about 1.5 years now).

Waiting and willing to provide more informations if required.

Thanks for the Good Work

13 answers to this question

On 1/25/2018 at 1:37 AM, d00p said:

If you enable fpm and specify the pool-config directory (/etc/php-fpm.d/) froxlor automatically manages this folder. The www.conf is NOT necessary as froxlor itself generates all required configs. You simply do not need the www.conf pool. You cannot stop the removal.

libnss-mysql:

Configuration -> Select your OS -> select "Other (system)" -> select "libnss-mysql"

libnss-extrausers:

Settings -> System settings -> enable option "Use libnss-extrausers instead of libnss-mysql"
Configuration -> Select your OS -> select "Other (system)" -> select "libnss-extrausers"

Just downloaded , Installed and trying to configure FROXLOR .

I saw this  

Use libnss-extrausers instead of libnss-mysql
Do not read users from the database but from files. Please only activate if you have already gone through the required configuration steps (system -> libnss-extrausers).
For Debian/Ubuntu only (or if you have compiled libnss-extrausers yourself!)

Now seems if I don't tick the checkbox, libnss-mysql is used by default .
And I want to understand it's  only "Debian/Ubuntu    OR anyone who compiled libnss-extrausers" that can use   libnss-extrausers  /

Well I want to know which is better than the other  between   libnss-extrausers and libnss-mysql  .

Thanks

19 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Now seems if I don't tick the checkbox, libnss-mysql is used by default .

Yes...

And I want to understand it's  only "Debian/Ubuntu    OR anyone who compiled libnss-extrausers" that can use   libnss-extrausers  /

For all Other Distributions you would need to compile that yourself...it clearly says it in the description.

Well I want to know which is better than the other  between   libnss-extrausers and libnss-mysql  .

There is no better...they both do the exact same thing using different ways of doing it. Please INFORM yourself about what is what and decide for yourself want you want for you are the Admin after all....and you should know what you do on your system.

Hi

What does this mean

Please note: The MySQL-password has not been replaced for security reasons. Please replace "FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD" on your own or use the javascript form below to replace it on-site. If you forgot your MySQL-password you'll find it in "lib/userdata.inc.php" 

Does "FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD" represent my FROXLOR database password or my MYSQL database password?
Must the text FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD be changed or can I just leave it as it is ?
Does it mean I should replace FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD with my MYSQL password ?
There's no place it was mentioned that the text FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD is a place holder OR not.

My Server machine architecture
-CentOS 7
-Nginx 
-MariaDB
-PHP 7.0

I appreciate the time and resources being put into the development of FROXLOR and I have plans to donate to FROXLOR as soon as am able to get it to use BUT lot's of things really needs to be taken care of.

I can  install and set-up ISPConfig in less than 2-minutes BUT with FROXLOR, I have spent almost 1-hour (despite it not beingmy first time) and yet to finish up.

Thanks

The answer to your question is written RIGHT THERE...

2 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Does "FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD" represent my FROXLOR database password or my MYSQL database password?

It's the Froxlor MySQL database password....it's all the same...always the unprivileged mysql-database user you've entered on the installation.

4 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Must the text FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD be changed or can I just leave it as it is ?

...just think about this a tiny moment and answer the question for yourself

5 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Does it mean I should replace FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD with my MYSQL password ?

Wow, you DID read the text? It says it RIGHT THERE:

6 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Please replace "FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD" [...]

7 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

There's no place it was mentioned that the text FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD is a place holder OR not.

Again, the description tells you...YOU EVEN POSTED IT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

8 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Please note: The MySQL-password has not been replaced for security reasons. Please replace "FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD" [...]

Also is it possible  to change FROXLOR_MYSQL_PASSWORD using the Javascript Form to automatically change the password  and it would reflectall over the server

lol...no

Hi

Am here again, don't want to litter the forum with short threads hence my reason for asking additional related questions here.

I have configured FROXLOR and even added 1 customer with 2 Domains BUT both domains redirects to the default server webpage.

Here is an overview of how I installed FROXLOR

I replaced NGINX default web-page with my website THEN installed FROXLOR in a subfolder e.g http://mywebsite.com/cpanel/froxlor   and FROXLOR seems to be working well BUT after adding 1 Customer + 2 Domains, both domains are redirecting to http://mywebsite.com

I have also tested email (though I didn't configure POSTFIX ) using the Test Email and it worked successfully.

I have equally set-up libnss-mysql following the configuration instructions.

Please kindly help me out.
Thanks

I have configured FROXLOR and even added 1 customer with 2 Domains BUT both domains redirects to the default server webpage.

this problem has been asked a hundred times...please use the search

is that why Froxlor  keeps deleting  the default  "www.conf"   File    in   "/etc/php-fpm.d  folder ? How can I stop this ?

How do I set-up  setup libnss-extrausers /libnss-mysql  on my Server. (Google might have a response for me But give any input you think I might need)
My server is CentOS 7 with Nginx + PHP-FPM + PHP7 + MariaDB.

Also can Froxlor do certain things automatically as having to manually set-up certain things defeats some reasons for using Froxlor in the first place.
Before ISPCOnfig, i was doing Shared hosting Manually (to reduce points of failure as there would be less scripts to fail) for few of my clients and friends and only decided to start using ISPConfig because few of them required CPanel access.

But Froxlor is so much Simpler and Cleaner hence my continuous reason for wanting to give it a Try

Thanks for your Good Works

2 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

is that why Froxlor  keeps deleting  the default  "www.conf"   File    in   "/etc/php-fpm.d  folder ? How can I stop this ?

If you enable fpm and specify the pool-config directory (/etc/php-fpm.d/) froxlor automatically manages this folder. The www.conf is NOT necessary as froxlor itself generates all required configs. You simply do not need the www.conf pool. You cannot stop the removal.

4 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

How do I set-up  setup libnss-extrausers /libnss-mysql  on my Server.

libnss-mysql:

Configuration -> Select your OS -> select "Other (system)" -> select "libnss-mysql"

libnss-extrausers:

Settings -> System settings -> enable option "Use libnss-extrausers instead of libnss-mysql"
Configuration -> Select your OS -> select "Other (system)" -> select "libnss-extrausers"

8 minutes ago, kingsley ezenwa said:

Also can Froxlor do certain things automatically as having to manually set-up certain things defeats some reasons for using Froxlor in the first place.

I do not fully understand this question....can you be more specific?

Archived