Froxlor Forum

Unable to get past Database connection in Setup

tawatson15

Question

I'm trying to setup Froxlor on my server but at the Database connection part, there are 2 fields that are colored blue:

Username for the unprivileged MySQL-account:

Username for the MySQL-root-account:

How do I get the username for both of these accounts?  I tried the database username that I used when I was able to successfully install Wordpress (my main site) and Laravel (sub-domain) but no success.

7 answers to this question

I get to the screen where it creates the config file.  Tells me that I have to manually create it in the /lib folder, which I do.  At the bottom, it says "Froxlor was installed successfully."

I click "Click here to login"

Then it resets it self and says:

Welcome to Froxlor

It seems that Froxlor has not been installed yet.

Click on the link below to start the installation.

Why does it reset itself?  It's done this twice already.  It doesn't recognize that it is already installed.

EDIT: Just want to add that I am using Apache2 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server.

Ah, gotcha.  Will try again.  The instructions should be clearer.  Should say "You will have to create the configuration file below into the /var/www/froxlor/lib folder"  not just the "/lib" folder.

Backing up all of my files at the moment because I have to reinstall Apache.  Was installing an alternative User Interface software called EHCP and failed to realize it would install itself to the main directory of the server which screwed up my website.  Doesn't contain any instructions of manual installation of removal from the server.

Archived