Froxlor Forum

Certificate mismatch in PHP mailer

martinvh

Question

Hello everybody,

in the monthly Froxlor usage report I'm getting the message PHP Warning:  stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`<my Froxlor domain>' did not match expected CN=`localhost' in /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/phpmailer/class.SMTP.php on line 369

The mail is being sent to the systems root account, which is mapped in /etc/aliases to an existing Froxlor mail account (webmaster@<my Froxlor domain>). Is this related to the Froxlor admin user, whos mail address is the same? Either way, why is the function expecting the local CN instead of the FQDN one? What is the correct setting in this case, or how can I mitigate the warning? The only cause effect I discovered is, that mails cannot be sent to new mail accounts via the alternate mail address, which results in the same error.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

2 answers to this question

Wow, with this advice I finally found the settings (for reference: Froxlor start -> settings -> system settings). I then changed SMTP host from localhost to my mail domain. However it's hard to debug the right settings, still not able to send out mails. But this should be solved by #464.

Archived