Froxlor Forum

Non SSL websites showing other websites.

nisamudeen97

Question

Hi,

In shared server we have only a few websites with SSL.  But when websites which are not having ssl is called it will show self signed  security warning and then shows different website ( the first website in the apache conf which is having SSL enabled).  I could see this is badly affecting SEO ranking.

We would like to configure in such a way that, when non ssl websites are called with htps://  it must redirect to  hostname  SSL url of the server or a default page.   I would like to know the possibilities of this. 

Enabling selfsigned SSL for all websites in the server is a solution meanwhile I wish to redirect it to https://hostname.   Look to have the expert advise.

6 answers to this question

well...you can always put a .htaccess in a domains docroot to prevent this behaviour. Alternativley, as this is standard apache-behaviour, let the froxlor vhost be accessable via SSL, it will be the first in line :)

>>let the froxlor vhost be accessable via SSL, it will be the first in line

We have already enabled SSL for froxlor hostname in front end.  Meanwhile I could see the below file where SSL configuration is having blank data.  I think this is the root cause.   Can you help me how to add / reconfigure the below ?

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# cat 10_froxlor_ipandport_ip-address.443.conf

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  I understand the case now.  I have modified IP/Port Settings, correctly I think.   But once this  is saved froxlor vhost is unable to execute php pages.  It is showing php codes as text  when https://hostname is called. It was supposed to show froxlor panel. 

The strange thing I have noticed is,  froxlor url without SSL is working good.

ip settings.png

Archived