Froxlor Forum

Store website files in /home/user/public

Zoker

Question

Hi there,

Instead of having my public domain file within the default folder (/var/customers/webs/%username%/) I want to have my domain files at 

/home/user/public

I also set up the domain to point to that directory. But when I want to access the page, I get a 403 error.

What permission do I need to set, to allow users to access this page?

Thank you,
Zoker

7 answers to this question

Well, is the customer homedir prefix set to "/home/"? Is the customers homedir /home/[user]/? If not, the domains docroot is out of the homedir and therefore cannot be accessed. If you have all Settings like mentioned, the cronjob will set the correct permissions.

No they are not set to /home/[user], because e.g site1.domain.com will be in /home/user1 and site2.domain.com will be in /home/user2.

So do I need to set it to /home?

Also: Can I change the homdir somehow afterwards? Where can I set it?

Well wheres the Problem? Add user1, assign site1.domain.com to him, add user2, assign site2.domain.com to him.

So if you want Users to have their documentroot in /Home, yes, you need to Set the customer-directory prefix to /home in the settings.

You can change the setting afterwards, but it's not recommended as existing customers will not get updated and you might run into mixups.

Archived