Froxlor Forum

Apache2 update caused bomb

Techforce

Question

Not sure exactly how to paraphrase this issue, but apparently when I upgraded Apache2 to the latest version (2.4.25) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server, having Froxlor tied in to handle fastcgi with php5.6 caused

apache2 server to not restart and exit with errors that refered to:

(1)

Syntax error on line 8 of
 /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/10_froxlor_ipandport_139.162.211.216.443.conf:
 Apr 30 21:39:45 apache2[17835]: Invalid command
'FastCgiExternalServer', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

(2)

Invalid command'Action', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Apr 30 21:55:27 apache2[18292]: Action 'configtest' failed.
Apr 30 21:55:27 apache2[18292]: The Apache error log may have more information.

Not being able to see this right away, I purged apache2, tried a reinstall to no avail. I also tried to install a previous known good version of

Apache2, but some dependencies were removed, and had to be reinstalled. So far 2 of them have gone in ok, but there were alot more to
hunt down so I abandoned that solution for now.

The command: a2enmod actions , seems to have stopped the 'action' error, but for the 'FastCgiExternalServer' problem it seems we have to
place a command that links apache2 to Froxlor to handle the module correctly, and I am at a loss how that command should look as during the purge
it apparently was removed. I am also told that some modules needed in apache to be on are now not, and I dont know what ones Froxlor requires.

I suppose if I were able to log into the Froxlor panel, I could find out, however its using Apache2 which is down...so its not working. Perhaps
1 thing u culd develop is Froxlors own http server for the basic panel operation in case of an event like this, as a sugguestion. Not sure if this is a bug report and or a sugguestion 
so I placed the post here for now.

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the quik reply.

1) If true, the I guess it may have been because I edited .htaccess files to use _rewrite and specify file caching and a custom 404 and I also put in something that
is suppose to detect a Perl bot and disallow it, and the rewrite was to make www and http more SEO friendly during requests.

Thats about all did, and I can only guess its because I touched those related features it did something unexpected the Apache developers didnt consider.

So I suppose Froxlor was ok, and when I did the purge, the new apache.conf no longer has the correct command appended to it, which I gather is suppose to reference over to Froxlor to handle this operation?

2) yes

This is the htaccess file(s) I edited for the 2 sites, not sure what could be wrong. I also edited a "misc" field in the Apache config where it had reported

the Apache Version + OS and I merely have it saying "Apache2" as the server for purposes of security. ??

htaccess.txt

19 minutes ago, Techforce said:

So I suppose Froxlor was ok, and when I did the purge, the new apache.conf no longer has the correct command appended to it, which I gather is suppose to reference over to Froxlor to handle this operation?

Froxlor does not need any adjustments in the apache.conf file - it's all in sites-enabled. If you purged all the config files, just run our cronjob manually to regenerate all the vhosts:

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug

Tried that, I get this error which sounds familiar from before we were using Froxlor:

:~# php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug
froxlor[29284]: The php PDO extension or PDO-MySQL driver is not available
froxlor[29284]: --- DEBUG: #0 /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Databa
se.php(178): Database::getDB() #1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/cron_init.php(92): Databa
se::__callStatic('query', Array) #2 /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cron
job.php(20): include_once('/var/www/froxlo...') #3 {main}
We are sorry, but a MySQL - error occurred. The administrator may find more info
rmation in the syslogroot

The fellow who originally installed Froxlor for me says most likely there are alot of apache mods not enabled that should be...sql is not an apache mod or is it?

4 minutes ago, d00p said:

" The php PDO extension or PDO-MySQL driver is not available" has nothing to do with apache ....how could this set up ever work without php-PDO? 

It must have been there. Or does Froxlor have something special for php5.6 with fastcgi? Thats the environment I am stuck in by default because 1 site has older php code not supported in 7.x

Archived