Froxlor Forum

Need a little help (Apache, Ubuntu, PHP7)

jstacklin

Question

Hello. I have been looking around the forums for about two days now, and can't find an answer, so I am begging for help!

I have everything installed on a clean run of Ubi14.04 with all updates to everything. Plugged nano, curl, and wget into my normal setup process. 

When I installed Froxlor, I ran into some issues because of the documentation pointing to /var/www/froxlor rather than /var/www/html/froxlor as it should have been. Fixed that, did my chow chow (chown) to the www-data user and everything was fine for a few minutes, but now I get a constant error every 5 mins or so saying this:

Whoops!
The configuration file lib/userdata.inc.php cannot be read from the webserver.

This mostly happens due to wrong ownership.
Try the following command to correct the ownership:

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/froxlor

Is this a bug, or do I need to change something because it wasn't typed correctly, like the instructions? 

And no, d00p, I have checked and for whatever reason PHP7 will not allow, or already has installed the "mod_php". As for the constant other recommendation of installing "mod_fcgid", I did so with no change in the results. Seriously, please help me.

9 answers to this question

On 4/26/2017 at 4:18 AM, jstacklin said:

No, operating a server is easy: When you write documentation in whatever little world you live in, and it doesn't make sense to the rest of us, then you give us shit for asking for help; that's my issue. You need to shut up, step up and get real. Your own services went down for a while. Again, shut up, step up, and man up. I don't know if all you Germans are like this, but you aren't the best. 

Man this was pure impulse.  Might want to get checked for ADHD in all seriousness.  But honestly I understand the frustration.

That was a bad start so let me try again. Hello everyone!  I'm new here.  I've been co-administering dozens of dedicated windows web servers and 2 clustered environments that I helped architect for about 3 years with no formal education. Each server environment usually had sql server and mysql.  Maybe I'm just a fast, self taught learner...idk.  My point is that as of last week I had no experience at all with Linux or apache.  One week later I have a working Froxlor setup with php-fpm on ubuntu 16 with php7.1 (small annoyance here but it works and I'll figure it out eventually).  I can relate to what this user experienced following the setup guides, but then again I'm using ubuntu 16 which was my choice.  I first tried with centos and had no luck.  The SOLUTION was I relied on a few outside forums that i would compare to a froxlor guide or forum post, slightly modify the paths/variables for my environment and eventually find a way.  The final breakthrough came when I discovered a video d00p had posted describing setup steps I had somehow not encountered in the configuration.

@Jstacklin The update thing doesn't currently work for me... but I just discovered the issue 2 hours ago and this was my first stop.  I already know the problem was that I moved the froxlor root from www/html/froxlor to www/froxlor during setup.  So when I have time I'll dive into how to fix it.

16 hours ago, jstacklin said:

The configuration file lib/userdata.inc.php cannot be read from the webserver.

Check your settings then?! Either your webserver user is not www-data or your are using fcgid/php-fpm and have it incorrectly setup

And no, d00p, I have checked and for whatever reason PHP7 will not allow, or already has installed the "mod_php". As for the constant other recommendation of installing "mod_fcgid", I did so with no change in the results. Seriously, please help me.

i don't know what you want to tell me with this...

Further, I would like to ask why I as the end user needs to set everything up (ie: where cron goes, etc, etc)

you are not the end-user...your customers are the enduser - you sir are the ADMIN of the server...YOU are in control of your server, not froxlor

2 hours ago, d00p said:

Check your settings then?! Either your webserver user is not www-data or your are using fcgid/php-fpm and have it incorrectly setup

Then why does it say to use "www-data"?!? And why does when I type that, it works, but my other username, it doesn't? Well to be honest, I followed your instructions to the letter, so if you mis-translated something or didn't take the time to even look and make sure that your program worked then you need to check your privilege and come down to earth with the rest of us because your attitude isn't helping anyone. 

2 hours ago, d00p said:

i don't know what you want to tell me with this...

That I did the troubleshooting steps that you so rudely pushed on other users. Other END USERS.

2 hours ago, d00p said:

you are not the end-user...your customers are the enduser - you sir are the ADMIN of the server...YOU are in control of your server, not froxlor

No. There is two levels of end-users: Me, who is the end-user of your software which IS responsible for installing dependencies and putting things into place like they are supposed to. All your competitors do it, so why can't you? Sentora, Virtualmin, Kloxor-MR, ISPconfig, and VestaCP all install crons, settings, and everything else. You and your software is no better than them. You are a developer, just like they are, and your software is open-sourced just like theirs is. The next level of end-user is the customer, who is the end-user of my websites and services. I didn't install your control panel to have to do everything myself. If I wanted that, I would have just coded the scripts and everything, since your software can't even do that properly.

2 minutes ago, d00p said:

You dont like it - dont use it. There are thousands of users who are satisfied and have no issues at all. Froxlor is not for beginners. And so is operating a server.

No, operating a server is easy: When you write documentation in whatever little world you live in, and it doesn't make sense to the rest of us, then you give us shit for asking for help; that's my issue. You need to shut up, step up and get real. Your own services went down for a while. Again, shut up, step up, and man up. I don't know if all you Germans are like this, but you aren't the best. I am sincerely worried about your mental health, buddy. You push off all advice and questions as if I am nothing compared to you. The fact is that you don't know me, and let's be frank: You don't care. All you want is me to buy your services, so I will give you access to my server so you can do whatever you would like.

Man up. We make mistakes all the time, look at the original zPanel, or Kloxor for examples of that! Maybe it's time to let the project die, fork it, and start anew. 

Else, I don't know what world you live in. But I truly think you need some help, buddy.

You really should think before you post anything like that just because you are frustrated with your server. There are lots of users who can handle their stuff. And no, i don't want you to buy my services, because i don't want to help you anymore, not even for money. Good bye

23 hours ago, jstacklin said:

I don't know if all you Germans are like this, but you aren't the best. I am sincerely worried about your mental health, buddy. You push off all advice and questions as if I am nothing compared to you. The fact is that you don't know me, and let's be frank: You don't care. All you want is me to buy your services, so I will give you access to my server so you can do whatever you would like.

Poor, retarded and isolated kid...

I wish you all the best for your mental health dude...

Archived