Froxlor Forum

Change default mail address via php scripts

nisamudeen97

Question

Hi,

I have noticed a strange issue today.  All my mails which are send via php scripts are using my own mail id as "from address" and "Return-Path"

Even if the domain is sending from a different domain in the server it is using my mail id.  How come this happen?  How can I set it to something like "nobody@hostname.com" ?

10 answers to this question

When using sendmail (php's mail() function does) froxlor sets the customers Email as default (it would be the server default otherwise, you as Admin do not want that).

Feel free to adjust Headers when using mail() or even better, use SMTP (logged in Mail Account etc.)

Hi,

Feel free to adjust Headers when using mail() or even better, use SMTP (logged in Mail Account etc.)

This is the point which I am unable to.  I use most of my servers for shared hosting purpose.  I have various kinds of clients.  Some are authentic  meanwhile some are not.   If there is some spamming from these servers mails are sending out in such a way that is is being originated from my address.    This will badly affect my reputation.  I have to avoid this some how.    I wish if i can make these kind of mails sent from the server as  "nobody@hostname.com"  so that receiving side also know this mail is not sent with authentication.

I don't want to disable mail() in php.ini.  What are the possible work arounds for my requirement from froxlor settings. 

Archived