Froxlor Forum

Any idea why FTP is not working?

IcyMediaT

Question

I installed LEMP stack ; followed by Froxlor, and all appeared to be fine. During the Froxlor setup, yesterday i told it to install the FTP as a 'stand alone' program ; but this morning, FTP didn't work.

So i rebuilt the server from scratch today, and this time i chose the other option (which is something to do with it just opening connections when it needs them?)

But it's still not working... I setup a new domain, and have one domain in froxlor now.

I went into that domain, and then ftp and set a password.

I'm trying to connect to ftp.domain.com ; i entered the user name and password

I've unblocked port 21 in my cloud server firewall setup

But the FTP client says

" Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". "

Any ideas what this might be? thanks

2 answers to this question

Your cronjob is config correctly??  try forcing your cronjob. php /var/www/html/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force --debug

With this command you can view if all your services are working correctly.

Recomendation: config all the services first. webserver, dns, ftp, mail (if you use), cronjob, php-fpm, etc.

@davidoct14 the cronjob and regenerating the vhosts/bind-zones has absolutely nothing to do with FTP connections being refused.

@IcyMediaT please configure the services as froxlor shows in Configuration -> [Distro] -> [Category] -> [Daemon]

Archived