Froxlor Forum

Vhosts and NginX

IcyMediaT

Question

Hello, i noticed there is a vhosts section in the control panel of froxlor for each domain.

I am using nginx. If i edit the configuration file in NginX I can also enter rules about where to route what traffic if someone accesses my site.

What takes precedence, and how are the two linked together? Does froxlor update my nginx configuration file , when i update settings for the vhost in the domain control panel?

Is there ever any chance of a conflict between what is in the froxlor domain control panel vhosts, and my nginx config files? if so, what takes precendence?

thanks for explaining how these interact

6 answers to this question

Special Vhost settings will be merged with everything in the customers server {} block. And of course froxlor updates your vhost-configs when you change something, it does not change the nginx.conf file though if that is what you wanted to know.

About the precendence...just test...i don't know how exactly nginx handles that internally

You've specified a vhost-configs folder in the settings, e.g. /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ - that's where froxlor generates its vhost-files in. The nginx.conf has something like 

include "sites-enabled/*.conf"

in it so all the froxlor generated files are being included.

Hi thanks for clarifying. I just added some text to one of my domains vhost settings, via the froxlor control panel and saved it. (just random text).

Prior to doing this i updated the correct folder (to conf.d) in my nginx folder. I was logged into my console and after saving i checked the folder but no files appeared.

How long does it take for the file to appear? if it's meant to be instant, can you suggest any troubleshooting steps,

Edit: i've since found this: -

• Rebuilding webserver-configuration
  • Adding new customer webmaster
  • Rebuilding bind-configuration
  • Rebuilding the cron.d-file
  • Rebuilding the cron.d-file

outstanding cron jobs - how often do these run? and is there some way i can manually run them from a command line when i am testing things

Thanks

1) if you set  up the cron and did not change any time-intervals the cron for regenerating configfiles runs every 5 minute

2) yes, you can start this manually (and forced) using:

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force

Archived