Froxlor Forum

FTP UID

bluescreen

Question

Hello,

i have a debian 8.3 with apache+phpfpm installed with a custom user for php. When i create a new ftp user (pureftp) from the panel the uid is taken from the db and then i cannot write on web folders that have my custom user ad owner. If i write with a different user then the php then i cannot modify files from ftp and vice versa. Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

You can add FTP users for each customer - but not across document-roots from different customers. You would need to add a custom user elsewhere and add it manually to the customer-groups or something like that

The UID/GUID for new ftp-users is taken from the corresponding panel_customers entry in the database. I strongly recommend not to play around with these values.

Still don't understand why you need this, especially if you only use one customer after all...

I use PHP FPM with user/group X/Y and ftp is Y/K. FTP user can't access to folder created by PHP. In general ftp user is unaligned with php user so by ftp cannot do evrything i do with php and vice versa, this is a problem for me. Maybe i'm wrong? (can be)

Archived