Froxlor Forum

Cron jobs not starting automaticaly

Davidemo

Question

Hi everyone.

I have installed froxlor following the guide on digitalocean. Ubuntu 14.04.3, Apache 2.4

Everything is working correctly, ftp, domains, web spaces. I have created a webspace and isntalled wordpress with no problem.

The only problem is the cron tasks. For everything I do I have to manualy force it with the comand

/usr/bin/php5 /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force

If I call the comand without --force nothing works and with --force I don't get any errors and the cron tasks are executed 

I don't know how to debug it, if there is a log of errors or something esle I have to check.

Can you help me?

Do you need more info or some files?

This is the file in cron.d

#
# Set PATH, otherwise restart-scripts won't find start-stop-daemon
#
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
#
# Regular cron jobs for the froxlor package
#
# Please check that all following paths are correct
#
*/5 * * * *	root	/usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php5 -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

I have clicked "regenerate config files", it is telling me everything is ok.

But in Outstanding cron-tasks: I have "Rebuilding webserver-configuration" from hours and hours. 

It disapears and do everything from the  Outstanding cron-tasks only if I run the command manualy

/usr/bin/php5 /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force

Just wanted to say, i have (had) the same problem after a clean install on debian 7 with nginx and php-fpm.

Cron setup according to config templates and got the master cronjob running but doing "nothing" except when using --force:

Dec  9 11:30:01 dcp2 /USR/SBIN/CRON[20333]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php5 -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php)

After following what d00p suggested it worked (new cron.d/froxlor was written).

Guess something does not appear to be working as expected on the first run.

Archived