Froxlor Forum

Config Help

Oxia

Question

Hi.

I have installed Froxlor on my new Debian 7 VPS and when trying to configure it i get the following errors while on the sections for FCGID:

when running:

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force

I get the errors:

sh: 1: /etc/init.d/dkim-filter: not found
rndc: 'reload' failed: failure

What do I do?

6 answers to this question

Has nothing to do with the Nameserver Thunderbyte...

Check the DKIM settings - better deactivate it at all, if you're not using your own NS (you propably dont)

I deactivated DKIM and now the error is this:

rndc: connect failed: 127.0.0.1#953: connection refused

hello!

It seems it's related to your Mailserver setup maybe. I read to becarefull regarding spf/dkim/dmarc, a wrong setup may lead to false positives at your receiver, to have this added security in Mailing is a very good thing though of course, since many setups are not configured right, many organisations will receive and also pass through your messages.

if its a bank, it may be more restrictive and it lives with rejecting also false* positives. another site my be more relaxed on that. also make sure you have your ptr records, reverse dns to resolve the name of an ip, so the oppsite way of resolving a name to an ip.

make sure to have port 953(has to do with bind and rndc) as well as 53(dns) open in your firewall. also maybe try to make a telnet check of your mailserver, maybe test using base64 encoded data and smtpauth. you can test the login and sending of mail. If you use this spf/dkim/dmarc to sign and secure mail messages, make sure the message isn't altered on your system after it was signed. if you send it the encryption wont be right, some things wont match to have it work properly and give a false positive plus the risk of being rejected.

Archived