Froxlor Forum

A few questions, comparing some panels

LaxSlash1993

Question

Hi all, I'm looking for a replacement control panel and stumbled upon Froxlor last night. I have a few questions relating to it before deciding on a panel that can hopefully be answered here.

- Will MailScanner work with this panel?

- I'm on an OpenVZ VPS. Is there anything special that needs to be done on the host's end for me to use Froxlor? (Ie, enabling second-level quotas, etc.)

- Is there built-in support for clustering/auto-updating Slave DNS Servers (using BIND or any other software)?

- Does it ship with MySQL/PHP/etc, and if yes, are they easily-upgradeable and is it MySQL or MariaDB?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

- Will MailScanner work with this panel?

Why shouldn't it? You can adjust the configs to your needs

- I'm on an OpenVZ VPS. Is there anything special that needs to be done on the host's end for me to use Froxlor? (Ie, enabling second-level quotas, etc.)

Nothing special i guess. Froxlor is just php-files - the rest is up to the corresponding services

- Is there built-in support for clustering/auto-updating Slave DNS Servers (using BIND or any other software)?

No

- Does it ship with MySQL/PHP/etc, and if yes, are they easily-upgradeable and is it MySQL or MariaDB?

froxlor doess not "ship" with mysql or php or anything (it's system independend). As said, it's just a bunch of PHP-files doing some work for you. Froxlor is definetly NOT a super-beginners-do-all-for-me tool...we are here to SUPPORT admins, not to do their work.

Why shouldn't it? You can adjust the configs to your needs

One of the panels that I looked at had something where it was not possible to hook MailScanner into the system. I was just making sure that this one wasn't like that.

Nothing special i guess. Froxlor is just php-files - the rest is up to the corresponding services

Ok, good to know.

No

That's an issue for what I need then. I mean, it's not earth-shattering, but it's (one of) the reasons that I'm ditching Sentora.

froxlor doess not "ship" with mysql or php or anything (it's system independend). As said, it's just a bunch of PHP-files doing some work for you. Froxlor is definetly NOT a super-beginners-do-all-for-me tool...we are here to SUPPORT admins, not to do their work.

Alright. I was just making sure, as I couldn't find anything that really spelled this out on the site. And I don't need one of those tools, it's just a matter of simplicity is all.

Thanks!

Archived