Froxlor Forum

How to change forgotten Admin password

oedwards0088

Question

Hi,

I was unable to find much help with this and with a little and nervous trial and error the below will change a lost Admin password to 'Password!'

- mysql -u root -p

- Enter in the root SQL password

- USE froxlor

- show tables;

make sure you can see panels_admin

- describe panel_admins;  (This is not necessary but will show you the table layout)

- select loginname from panel_admins; (This is not necessary but will list the admin usernames, Admin is default)

- select * from panel_admins; (This is not necessary but will show you all data from the panel_admins table)

To change the Admin username enter the below on one line;

UPDATE 'panel_admins' SET 'password' = '0040f2abc2cff0c8f59883b99ae9fab6' WHERE 'panel_admins'.'loginname' = 'Admin';

This will set the password to 'Password!' for the admin username.

Hope this helps someone....

3 answers to this question

After I upgraded Froxlor the Admin password was no longer recognised. From what d00p said above, I used the below to change the password to Password!

- SSH to your server

- mysql -u root -p

- Enter in the root SQL password

- UPDATE `panel_admins` SET `password` = '0040f2abc2cff0c8f59883b99ae9fab6' WHERE `adminid` = '1';

UPDATE 'panel_admins' SET 'password' = '0040f2abc2cff0c8f59883b99ae9fab6' WHERE 'panel_admins'.'loginname' = 'Admin';

This will set the password to 'Password!' for the admin username.

1) The loginname can vary, not everyone uses "Admin" or "admin", why not just use the id?

2) More general:

UPDATE `panel_admins` SET `password` = MD5('my-secret-password') WHERE `adminid` = '1';

Archived