Froxlor Forum

rm /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default ?

Davlyin Lafitte

Question

Hello, 

I'm currently trying to configure Froxlor on a Debian Nginx configured server, I'm currently using the default configuration file, I'm aware that removing this file will make the control panel and anything related to Nginx disappear from the web; But is keeping it as it is has any impact on the full functionality of Froxlor ? 

server {
        listen   80;

root /www/;
        index index.php index.html index.htm;

server_name ontweerp.com;

location / {
                try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html;
        }

error_page 404 /404.html;

error_page 500 502 503 504 /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
              root /www/;
        }

# pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on /var/run/php5-fpm.sock
        location ~ \.php$ {
                try_files $uri =404;
                fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
                fastcgi_index index.php;
                fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
                include fastcgi_params;

}

}

Warm wishes,

Davlyin.

7 answers to this question

What's the config you pasted there? This is not the "default" vhost...but generally, you may delete it, it it's not used AFTER you setup froxlor and froxlor's own vhost got generated by the cronjob :)

I don't quite get what your problem is. Did you setup all services according to froxlor's config-templates? (as Admin -> "Configuration" -> Chose distribution -> chose category -> chose service/daemon to configure)

I assume you did not follow the configuration completely and/or your cronjob did not run yet, try executing the following command in a shell:

php /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php --force

If you adjusted all your settings and configured all your services correctly, this should generate all the webserver configs for you

I must have skipped something critical, when running your following command I'm having an error:

chown: invalid user: `froxlorlocal:froxlorlocal'

I guess I'll just re-install everything as I got nothing important on the server, I'll keep you updated.

Many thanks! 

Archived