Froxlor Forum
thoddi

Consolidating multiple servers?

Question

Hello,

for some historical reasons I have multiple servers running. Each with his own installation of froxlor (not a multi-server installation), including plugins etc.

Is it possilbe to merge them into one big froxlor server? Did someone have a script for this?

Checking the database, it seems not impossible. Just read all data from the old databases, rewrite IDs and integrate them into the new one-for-all-DB. Copy files and re-write the configs. All depends on the rewriting of the IDs of users, domains etc.

Did Froxlor depend on a continuous assignment of IDs? If not, I can simply using an offset in rewriting the IDs and does not matter, if I have a "hole" in the ID-rows.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

we do not depend on continuous ids...but beware of the uid/gid stuff, they also need to change ;)

I once merged to separate froxlor-installations together ..it's definetly doable

I once merged to separate froxlor-installations together ..it's definetly doable

Did you take notes then, or remember the steps and/or possible pitfalls? I need to do the same in the near future, and don't want to re-invent the wheel if not necessary ;)

No i did not take any notes. It was totally custom (different usernames though - this part was easy then).

It's no magic - there is not "wheel" to re-invent. It's just manual work