Froxlor Forum

[solved] Default Apache Page

Oxia

Question

Hi,

I have tried to install froxlor several times now and always have the same problem! After doing my settings I move on to config section and work through that (getting no errors) then when I add a customer and domain all I get is the default apache server page instead of the domain set.

Im running debian 7

Thanks

12 answers to this question

After you adjust the settings you need to go through the configuration steps (menu 'configuration').

Did you set up the cronjob and did it run already? The cronjob generates the necessary Apache vhosts.

All that has been setup and the cron job runs and generates all the required files (I can see them all on the server)

Are the vhosts getting included at all? Default would be /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/.

Also, please post the output of "ls -la /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/"

I restarted my server and now the page shows "forbiden" instead of the default apache page. the output you requested is:

"ls: cannot access /etc/apache2/sites-enable: No such file or directory"

So what is your setting for the vhosts-directory?

in the settings panel it says "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/" and if I do the command you told me to on that dir I get:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 26 10:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Aug 26 10:40 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   26 Aug 26 09:44 000-default -> ../sites-available/default
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  317 Aug 26 10:50 10_froxlor_ipandport_23.95.118.234.80.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  965 Aug 26 10:50 22_froxlor_normal_vhost_aque.co.uk.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  405 Aug 26 10:50 40_froxlor_diroption_0a03915d41fe83e0ef6456de80e3b3f2.conf

So the directory does exist after all and contains the correct files. Did you at least try an "apache stop && apache start"? (explicitly no restart!)

Yes done that, all im getting now is:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at www.aqune.co.uk Port 80

is that a customer website? what's the customer-directory-permissions? (ls -la)

Come on, work with me here, don't let me ask you about EVERY SINGLE DETAIL...you're a sysadmin after all (i hope), you should know where to look and what information is important

is that a customer website? what's the customer-directory-permissions? (ls -la)

Come on, work with me here, don't let me ask you about EVERY SINGLE DETAIL...you're a sysadmin after all (i hope), you should know where to look and what information is important

Just starting out with all of this, here is the output:

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 27 07:10 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Aug 27 07:10 ..
drwxr-x--- 3 aqua aqua 4096 Aug 27 07:10 aqua

Archived