Froxlor Forum

[solved] Dependency problem: froxlor depends on php5-mysql

Warlock

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to add an alternative to the dependency php5-mysql?

I want to install php5-mysqlnd (native driver) which does the same job as php5-mysql. However, this is not possible without getting froxlor deinstalled. Of course, I could install it using dpkg ignoring the froxlor dependency (this works) but I want my system clean, and all dependencies resolved.

The reason is the following: I'm getting the error "Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50535 Library:50617", see below.

After having MySQL 5.6.17 published, some users complained about a warning thrown by their PHP applications :

PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50535 Library:50617

In fact, this could happen with any application linked to libmysqlclient18 in a certain version (php5-mysql from Dotdeb is linked to the 5.5.35 version from the stock Debian distribution) when connecting to a MySQL server in another version (5.6.17 in our case). The warning is thrown by libmysqlclient18 itself. And this is just a warning, there is no reason why any bad behavior would happen in that case.

Of course, I could build php5-mysql against the latest libmysqlclient18 (5.6.17), but it would lead to very bad issues, such as duplicate symbols or segfaults when PHP is loaded with other MySQL-linked modules from the stock Debian distribution (those are linked to libmysqlclient18 5.5.35). For example : mod_php5 + Apache + mod_auth_mysql would crash.

If this this warning really annoys you, feel free to install php5-mysqlnd instead of php5-mysql :

• it?s a drop-in replacement
  • it?s not linked against any libmysqlclient library
  • it won?t throw any irrelevant warning about version mismatch
  • it has a lot of benefits. See http://www.php.net/mysqlnd for more info

Source: http://www.dotdeb.org/

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Same situation here, any clues how to change from deb to tar without loosing the complete install?

This would be good to get archived here, because if anybody else will digg deeper in froxlor, sooner or later you will come to this point where your mistakes from the past will haunt you :P

Thanks

then save userdata.inc.php and apt-get remove froxlor and then extract tarball and re-use userdata.inc.php - database should not be removed while removing the deb so there should not be a problem

Archived