Froxlor Forum

[solved] (Sub)domains are not added to apache config files

S.A.L.

Question

Hello,

I have a little problem with adding domains or subdomains to the customers of my testsystem. I've been searching for several hours the last days to solve this problem, but I found no solution. I hope you can help me :)

My system: Ubuntu 12.04, froxlor installed like described in the wiki with the debian package. Webserver is apache2

The problem: If I create a new customer or a new domain to add it to a customer, it seems that the domain or standard-subdomain is not added to the apache configs. If I try to open the domain, I get the standard apache "It works!" site, but not the customers site, which is created without any trouble with the index.html.

The crobjob seems to be executed. Syslog entry is:

Nov 17 08:15:01 uodev CRON[6264]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php5 -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php)

If I execute the command in the cronjob by hand with

sudo /usr/bin/nice -n 5 /usr/bin/php5 -q /var/www/froxlor/scripts/froxlor_master_cronjob.php

I get no errormessage.

And the domains are saved in the mysql-database.

I can't find the mistake. Does anybody can help me?

Kind regards,

Steffen

2 answers to this question

Did you maybe by accident mark the domains as "email only" or similar? Are NO vhost-configs created at all or just the new ones? What happens if you remove all froxlor-generated vhost-configs from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/? Is your setting for the vhost-config-folder correctly pointed to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ ?

Is your setting for the vhost-config-folder correctly pointed to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ ?

Thats it! I thought froxlor made all configuration automatically after I told it that I use apache2 as webserver. I didn't know that I have to made some settings by hand.

Under Server -> Settings -> Webserver Settings in froxlor admin panel I changed 

- "Webserver vHost configuration file/dirname" to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

- "Webserver diroptions configuratione file /dirname" to /etc/apache2/sites-available/

- "Webserver htpasswd dirname" to /etc/apache2/froxlor-htpasswd/ (and created that directory on the filesystem)

And now everything works :) Thanks a lot for your support!

Archived