Froxlor Forum

[solved] AddHandler Problem is back in 0.9.30 :)

snoopotic

Question

Hi.

On my Debian Wheezy using php-fpm and using php-fpm on own froxlor-Vhost with froxlor git.

I followed the import and upgrade instruction and changed 

/etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf as instructed.

sadly restarting apache failed: /var/run/apache2 now needs write permission for www-data. But I found out and did a chown root:www-data on /var/run/apache2 as well as gave chmod 775 on /var/run/apache2

after that I let rewrite the config...

and chackaboom :) the line:

AddHandler php5-fastcgi .php

is back.

Id shall be changed to:

SetHandler php5-fastcgi

and everything works again :|

greets.

edit: it happens in IP's and port configuration files

edit2: version is 0.9.30 ^^ sorry

18 answers to this question

Hey,

today my debian made some updates (~300) and since the reboot I got the same problem.

When I try to access the froxlor cp I see the content of the php file.

For customers everything works perfectly and when I change the AddHandler to SetHandler in the froxlor vhost file, everything works in the cp too.

Any Idea why?

I changed the line 245 in /var/www/froxlor/scripts/jobs/cron_tasks.inc.http.10.apache.php from

$this->virtualhosts_data[$vhosts_filename].= '      AddHandler fcgid-script .php' . "\n";

to

$this->virtualhosts_data[$vhosts_filename].= '      SetHandler fcgid-script' . "\n";

so the cronjob won?t kill the cp again.

I asked if you customized anything in the webserver-configs or similar. The THEME has nothing to do with your problem. I can just repeat that many others, including me, have absolutely NO problem with the generated configs.

Note: I'm talking about FPM here of course. For FCGID this must in fact really be SetHandler instead of AddHandler. Sorry for the misunderstandings. Fixed in GIT.

Nope, this has been tested a lot and all generated configs work as intended. AddHandler is used once in IP/port vhost and customer vhosts use sethandler (or vice versa, cant remember). Maybe you dont have a vhost-container in IP/port???

Hmm strange. This is getting hard to analyze. 

I try to explain, maybe you can retest it:

first: I set up a certain IP/port only for use with froxlor and the system hostname. th ip/port config file that gets generated looks like that: (ip and port truncated):

# 10_froxlor_ipandport_192.168.128.84.6472.conf
# Created 27.10.2013 19:56
# Do NOT manually edit this file, all changes will be deleted after the next domain change at the panel.

Listen 192.168.128.84:6472
<VirtualHost 192.168.128.84:6472>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/froxlor-git/"
 ServerName oldfx.localhost.de
  FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/php-fpm/froxlor.panel/oldfx.localhost.de/d300.ssl-fpm.external -socket /var/run/apache2/froxlor.panel-oldfx.localhost.de-php-fpm.socket -idle-timeout 30
  <Directory "/var/www/froxlor-git/">
   <FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
     Action php5-fastcgi /fastcgiphp
      Options +ExecCGI
    </FilesMatch>
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
  </Directory>
  Alias /fastcgiphp /var/www/php-fpm/froxlor.panel/oldfx.localhost.de/d300.ssl-fpm.external
 SSLEngine On
 SSLHonorCipherOrder On
 SSLCipherSuite ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:AES128-GCM-SHA256:RC4:HIGH:!MD5:!aNULL:!EDH
 SSLVerifyDepth 10
 SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/server/oldfx.localhost.de.pem
 SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/server/privkey.pem
 SSLCACertificateFile /etc/ssl/server/CaCert_Chain.pem
  SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/ssl/server/CaCert_Chain.pem
</VirtualHost>

having this, the php does not get parsed. The Logs I found do not speak well :/

If I change the Addhandler-Line like described above, it works. php is running. :/ any Idea?

If I try to add the system hostname as "Domain" it is not possible...

It seems I am a bit stuck in "how to set up the froxlor vhost". weird. 

Do you need more information?

I got the exact same setup running on my servers and it's working pretty well.

10_froxlor_ipandport_*.conf

[...]  
FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/php-fpm/froxlor.panel/froxlor.xyz.de/e163.fpm.external -socket /var/run/apache2/froxlor.panel-froxlor.xyz.de-php-fpm.socket -idle-timeout 100  
<Directory "/var/www/froxlor/">
   <FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
      Options +ExecCGI
    </FilesMatch>
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
  </Directory>
  Alias /fastcgiphp /var/www/php-fpm/froxlor.panel/froxlor.xyz.de/e163.fpm.external
[...]
22_froxlor_normal_vhost_*.conf
[...]  
FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/php-fpm/webx/xyz.de/fpm.external -socket /var/run/apache2/webx-xyz.de-php-fpm.socket -idle-timeout 100
  <Directory "/var/www/webs/webx/">
    <FilesMatch "\.php$">
      SetHandler php5-fastcgi
      Options +ExecCGI
    </FilesMatch>
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
  </Directory>
  Alias /fastcgiphp /var/www/php-fpm/webx/xyz.de/fpm.external
[...]
modules.d/70_fastcgi.conf (Gentoo)
<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
    FastCgiIpcDir /var/run/apache2/

<Location "/fastcgiphp">
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny from All
        # Prevent accessing this path directly
        Allow from env=REDIRECT_STATUS
    </Location>
</IfModule>

having this, the php does not get parsed. The Logs I found do not speak well :/

If I change the Addhandler-Line like described above, it works. php is running. :/ any Idea?

If I try to add the system hostname as "Domain" it is not possible...

It seems I am a bit stuck in "how to set up the froxlor vhost". weird. 

Do you need more information?

You cannot set the system-hostname as customer-domain. That's why most people use 'froxlor.domain.tld' as system-hostname, so they can still use 'domain.tld' as customer (for website, mails ,etc).

Hmm this is weird. Seems I must describe my settings :D

My host has 2 IPs (one is fallback-ip): ip.1 ip.2

In system settings I set up:

ip-address: ip.1

defaultip/port: ip.1:80

Hostname: testing.mydomain.tld

"access froxlor directly via the hostname": enabled

"validate domain names": enabled

in IP settings I set up following:

ip/port       Listen     NameVirtualHost     vHost-Container     Specialsettings     ServerName     SSL

ip.1:80         x                          x                           x                             -                         x                 -

ip.1:63001   x                          x                           x                             -                         x                 x

ip.1:443       x                          x                           x                             -                         x                 x

Now I only want to have froxlor to be reachable under ip.1:63001 thus in this setup I emptied "Custom docroot" (empty = point to Froxlor)

both other IPs got a custom docroot with a index.html :D

dns is disabled. I use an other dns that points testing.mydomain.tld to ip.1

in Domain settings of froxlor I can set up other domains without problems. they also run and can be accessed correctly. but only ip.1:63001 or testing.mydomain.tld:63001 does not show php-parsed froxlor it shows the php-code of froxlor...

and the config file for this "virtualHost" is as described above... if I change the Addhandler to SetHandler (and remove the .php ) everything is fine...

I really don't get it. I also think it shall work like that but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

hmm I enabled debug logging in apache and wrote a custom line for that vHost to have special logging. the weird part is this on first and last line of a GET request against my froxlor:

[Wed Oct 30 21:44:34 2013] [info] [client my.ip] Connection to child 5 established (server testing.mydomain.tld:443)

... why the hell port 443?? w00t. if you don't have any Idea where apache gets this (wrong) information, wait I am looking for it :)

edit: ok this seems only a logging bug in apache...

idk. doof

Archived