Froxlor Forum

Email Howto

markc

Question

I know, probably a dumb newbie question, but how do I add users to the mail_users table?

Is it supposed to happen automatically when adding a user or via some other mechanism? I see that both /etc/courier/authmysqlrc and /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_maps.cf indicate the froxlor.mail_users table is the one to use but when adding a new user I can only see one email field and I presumed that would get added to the mail_users and/or mail_virtual tables but nothing, and I can't see any other mail related menu options anywhere.

4 answers to this question

I know, probably a dumb newbie question, but how do I add users to the mail_users table?

Is it supposed to happen automatically when adding a user or via some other mechanism? I see that both /etc/courier/authmysqlrc and /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_maps.cf indicate the froxlor.mail_users table is the one to use but when adding a new user I can only see one email field and I presumed that would get added to the mail_users and/or mail_virtual tables but nothing, and I can't see any other mail related menu options anywhere.

Hy markc,

ading an other user within the mail_users table wont execute the command that creates the user place and homedir on your harddrive. In my opinon it is so that your IMAP Server (e.g. courier) does create this homedir automaticaly by sending an email to the new email that you created.

So try to send am email via any mailprogramm to the new emailadress that you selected by your own.

Linux-Admin

Thanks for your reply. That kind of makes sense but I'm still missing something because even when these test emails do arrive and get delivered to a mailbox there is still no entry in either the mail_users or mail_virtual table. Now, until there is an entry in that table I can't tell EXACTLY what username/password I need to use to pickup these test messages (is my login name markc or markc@xxxxxx.com).

Aug 31 21:59:21 ns1 postfix/local[7648]: 154BB42092: to=<markc@xxxxxx.com>, relay=local,
delay=0.07, delays=0.05/0.01/0/0, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)

I do have a /var/customers/mail/markc/ directory but it's empty. I've never used postfix before but I do have 10 years experience with courier-mta. This is on a Debian 6.0.2 server.

Aug 31 21:59:21 ns1 postfix/local[7648]: 154BB42092: to=<markc@xxxxxx.com>, relay=local,
delay=0.07, delays=0.05/0.01/0/0, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)

/var/customers/mail/markc/ directory but it's empty.

Hi markc,

Your loginname is marc@xxxx.com

OK wich transport in postfix are you using. Maildrop ??

By knowing of your experience in "Courier-MTA" you should know that the mailfolder in courier is not empty, it has a different file structure like:

/var/customers/mail/markc/new

/var/customers/mail/markc/cur

/var/customers/mail/markc/tmp

Other files like courierpop3dsizelist, courierimapuiddb, courierimapsubscribed should be generated automaticaly.

So your problem is the filestructure. By myself I wrote a maildrop script that generates all the stuff automaticaly including a SPAM Folder. And I wrote a littel thread about this (german language http://forum.froxlor.org/index.php?/topic/573-maildrop-fur-virtuelle-benutzer/page__p__3372__fromsearch__1#entry3372).

By 99,9 % you use the wrong transport option in postfix you use maildrop.

If so ? ! Please post your maildroprc.

Linux-Admin

When you add a new user as Admin to Froxlor the Email you enter for the customer is his contact Mail. To add new Mails to your System you need to login as the user the mail shall be for (who owns the domain). Only the administration panel from customers have the functionality to add new emails. You can do this in the customer listing by clicking the webx link(maybe you named your customer makrc). Or you can simply login as your user, Through the login panel. Not sure if the mail things will be created suddenly or just with the next cronjob cycle.

But the user and all needed stuff will be created by froxlor, so no handish stuff needs to be done.

The markc folder is the customer folder which is created through froxlor. The Maildirs itself are located within this folder and are named like this: markc@yourdomain.com. Your login name is then your full email adress so it would be markc@yourdomain.com

Archived