Froxlor Forum

Specific vhost Configuration for subdomain [nginx]

roothahn

Question

Hi all,

I was wondering how you handle the problem, that a specific subdomain needs some customization in the nginx virtualhost file...

I have a regexp for rewriting in the main domain, which redirects to www, if the subdomain is not www.

This directive will be also included in the subdomain - what causes the problem.

(It infinitely adds h_ttp://sub.example.com/www.example.com/www.example.com... -> 414 Request-URI Too Large)

Is there a possibility to customize subdomain-virtualhosts permanently?

Thanks for any hints ;-)

5 answers to this question

Hi arnoldB,

this is related to http://forum.froxlor.org/index.php?/topic/1107-problem-with-special-settings-for-subdomains/page__view__findpost__p__5770__fromsearch__1.

I don't think that this is a Bug (even if it's maybe not much configurable).

I also still could not find out how to solve/workaround it, so I couldn't write a patch.

Maybe I don't understand the whole logic behind that function, because it simply does not what I think it should do.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one with this problem ... ^^

After all it maybe would be a feature request, to make it possible for the administrator, to edit subdomain-vhost-settings at the panel.

Best thing ever would be to make it possible for the customer, and make a syntax check on that to prevent webserver problems.

After all it maybe would be a feature request, to make it possible for the administrator, to edit subdomain-vhost-settings at the panel.

Best thing ever would be to make it possible for the customer, and make a syntax check on that to prevent webserver problems.

Do it :)

Just create a new feature request in redmine. The login data should be the same as here in the forum.

Archived