Froxlor Forum

MAC OSX Server

Michel Souza

Question

Hello all... first of all congratulations for your great job with this app.

I need some further assistance, i wish to install froxlor in a MacOsx Server

Its a BSD based system, but i cant figure it out alone.

Someone had install this on this platform before, or, have some tips or even better

a fast track to get it working?

Thanks for Advance!

Regards

Michel Souza

3 answers to this question

I think this depends on the services you use. generally i think it might be possible to install Froxlor on MacOSX but...well it's not officially supported.

Maybe we can help when you specify your problems.

I think this depends on the services you use. generally i think it might be possible to install Froxlor on MacOSX but...well it's not officially supported.

Maybe we can help when you specify your problems.

Hello, i don't have any problems at this time.. im just wondering how to install basic webserver configuration over the OSX system

using froxlor do admin the server remotely (Apache/Bind/Mysql/Ftp and LDAP).

With the snow leopard server we got a really nice tools for administration, but its wide open to shared hosting, with froxlor

other clients can access his accounts and edit simple settings, like add e-mail/ftp users and manage their sites.

I have a good knowledge in OSX webserver configuration, i really want to know more about the froxlor and how to adapt to OSX.

Many functions in OSX can be access by command line (serveradmin) and osx also use OpenLdap and Bind, the webserver is natively Apache 2

then i hope to install froxlor to run with them.

I have one testing server who we can perform tests and try configurations, and im available to help froxlor to work with OSX as official supported platform.

If you or other one is interested we can work together and figure it out!

Regards

Michel

Well if you get your webserver with php5 and a mysql-database up and running on your mac-server than Froxlor will work.

I can't promise that everything will work (is there a libnss package for macosx?) but as said, webserver+php5+mysql are the basic requirements

Archived