Froxlor Forum

A database error occurred - Can't use any Settings menus.

oedwards

Question

Hello,

Has anyone seen an issues where any of the Setting Menu items return the below error;

A database error occured

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

#0 /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Database.php(280): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=127....', 'root', '8934tGFu8v9wjVS...', Array)
#1 /var/www/froxlor/lib/classes/database/class.Database.php(145): Database::getDB()
#2 /var/www/froxlor/admin_settings.php(25): Database::needSqlData()
#3 {main}

I have not changed anything (I promise), I have just noticed it when I went to see how to enable/configure the ticketing system. I found the below post but I am not sure if it will help me.

I am a little cautious and don't want to cause more problems than I would fix as it is a live server.

http://forum.froxlor.org/index.php/topic/12477-solved-sqlstatehy093-while-froxlor-update/?hl=%2Bdatabase+%2Berror+%2Boccured

Thanks in advance

Olly 

3 answers to this question

Thanks for replying. It is slightly odd as I am the only one who administers the server and I have not changed that password.

Would it be the root SQL password I need to change? If so where do I need to update it in any config files.

Thanks.

Archived